- MIDWEST BOND-WATCH. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p27
Reports developments related to bonds market in the United States as of September 2001. A-minus rating given by Standard and Poor's to Scotts Bluff County Hospital Authority bonds; Sale of Omaha Airport Authority; Criticisms on the budget plans of Wisconsin state.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31018, p31
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States. Reliance of the financing plan for the proposed renovation of Soldier Field on the use of hotel taxes; Assignment of a AA-minus rating to the fixed-rate revenues bonds of the conduit issuer Saint Joseph County Hospital...
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- All Eyes on Puerto Rico. Meyers, Maxwell; Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, p1
The article reports that municipal market participants are monitoring Puerto Rico's legislature as it prepares to negotiate over the 2007 fiscal year budget. The budget outcome will affect the credit rating of approximately $27 billion of Puerto Rico debt. Puerto Rico is popular among retail...
- Senator: District of Columbia Could See a Rating Upgrade. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p4
Reports the improvement of the low investment-grade general obligation bond rating in British Columbia. Basis for the issuance of general obligation bonds; Upward movement in credit rating; Approval of fiscal 2003 budget.
- Tennessee Budget Crunch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p1
Reports the temporary spending plan for the state budget in Bradenton, Florida. Degradation of bond rating due to budget problems; Details on the shutdown of state government offices; Removal of capital project funds from temporary budget by lawmakers.
- Tennessee House Overrides Budget Veto; Downgrade Looms. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p6
Reports that members of the Tennessee House of Representatives has voted to override Governor Don Sundquist's veto of the state's 2002 budget. Possible bond rating downgrade of the state; Details of the proposed budget.
- Tennessee Governor Vetoes 'Harmful' 2002 Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p4
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has vetoed the state's 19.3 trillion fiscal 2002 budget. Loss of the triple-A bond rating of the state; Trickle-down effects of the bond rating downgrade.
- House Appropriations Panel Approves $3.6 Billion Budget for Fiscal 2002. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31228, p5
Reports on the approval of the spending bill by the House of Appropriations Committee in Washington D.C. Impact of the bill on general obligation bonds; Ratification of budget proposal for the fiscal year; Stability of financial base, investment-grade bond ratings.