Milwaukee to Sell $172M of Notes Through Dutch Auction
- Some Kansas Schools Close Early Due to Budget Woes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34303, p1
At least eight school districts in Kansas closed earlier than scheduled due to state budget cuts as the state legislature looks for more ways to reduce a budget shortfall in the coming fiscal year.
- TEXAS: PSF Covered $53B of GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p9
The article focuses on the total public school district general obligation bonds covered by the Permanent School Fund bond guarantee program in Texas as of August 31, 2011.
- Detroit Schools Teeing up $197M of GO Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;2/4/2015, p35
The article reports on the plan of the Detroit Public Schools to offer its general obligation (GO) bonds worth $197 million to refinance its maturing outstanding bonds in Michigan.
- Calif. School Debt Often Trounces State GOs. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/17/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p13
The article reports on the view of Josh Gonze, a Thornburg Investment Management portfolio co-manager, on prioritizing public school districts over the state's general obligation (GO) bonds in California. Gonze believes that, as approved in the state constitutional law, the state tax revenue...
- Munis Little Changed in Light Trading; $800M of Puerto Rico Trans Priced. Chesla, Nicolas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p2
Reports on the moderate changes of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Rate of tax and revenue anticipation notes of Puerto Rico in the new-issue market; Increase of equities; Growth of construction spending.
- Municipal Prices Finish Up Steady; $500M of N.Y. MTA Goes to Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p2
Reports the stability of the municipal bonds rate in the U.S. Limitation of secondary trading; Retail orders for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority bonds; Increase yields of revenue funding bonds.
- RHODE ISLAND: State Sees Revenue Rise. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/12/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33580, p9
The article reports that the revenue collection in Rhode Island has increased 2.2% for fiscal year 2011 as major rating agencies rated the state's general obligation bonds with double A.
- Prices End 1/8 to 1/4 Higher; Yields On New Deals Lowered Selectively. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p2
Reports development related to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 2000. Risk factors associated with job data; Account on the interest cost of the Francisco Airport Commission revenue bonds; Role of underwriters for bond prices.
- MMD Municipal Market Data Total Returns. // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p16A
Presents the MMD Municipal Market Data Total Returns in the United States from 1991 to 2000. Aaa and Baa general obligation bonds; General revenue; Hospital revenue.