MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, August 30
- STATISTICAL ANNEX AND STRUCTURAL INDICATORS. // OECD Economic Surveys: Poland;Apr2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 10, p178
Presents tabular representations of the economic indicators in Poland as of 2001. Overview of the final consumption expenditure; Details of unemployment and participation rates; Growth of value-added, employment and labor productivity by sectors.
- The Automatic Fiscal Stabilizers. Cohen, Darrel; Follette, Glenn // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;1999, p1
This paper provides an analysis of automatic fiscal stabilizers such as income tax and unemployment insurance benefits. The authors use the modern theory of consumption behavior to identify insurance effects, wealth effects, and liquidity constraints. They identify a cash flow channel for...
- Are German Workers Killing Europe? // International Economy;Summer2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p36
The article examines the economic implications of productivity gains at the expense of wage growth and consumption in Germany and the entire Eurozone economy. Real incomes and unit labor costs have fallen and are expected to fall again in 2007. Some analysts suggest that higher German wage...
- Income Unchanged; Spending Off 0.1%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p2
This article reports that personal income was unchanged and consumption expenditures fell 0.1% in the U.S. in April 2003. Personal income increased $4.0 billion, or less than 0.1%, to slightly more than $9.16 trillion, after an unrevised 0.4% gain in March 2003. The last time personal income was...
- August Personal Income Up 0.3%; Spending Gains 0.5%. // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p13
The article discusses the U.S. August personal income data which posted a 0.3% increase while personal consumption expenditures rose 0.5% suggesting an ongoing economic growth.
- Analysis: Summary of Economic Indicators. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2004, p3
Provides information on the economic profile of the U.S. for the year 2004, with emphasis on the analysis of different economic indicators. Real gross domestic product (GDP); Growth of real GDP; Inflation; Employment and unemployment; Real disposable personal income and consumer spending;...
- Best of both worlds. Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;May2005, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p87
Presents tabular and graphical representations of economic indicators related to labor in the U.S. as of May 2005. Unemployment rates; Mass layoffs; Job growth; Labor costs.
- Labor Month in Review. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr2000, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p2
Presents labor-related news briefs in the United States as of April 2000. Decline in the unit labor costs in the fourth quarter of 1999 in both the nonfarm business and manufacturing sectors; Increase in the average consumer expenditure in 1998; Decline of the unemployment level in 1999.
- Personal Income Off 1.3%; Core PCE Increases 0.2%. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33161, p2
The article reports on the 1.3% decrease of personal income in June 2009 as personal consumption expenditures (PCE) core prices have increased 0.2% during June 2009 in the U.S. It explains that wages have declined 28.6 billion dollars following an 11.3 billion dollars decreased in May due to the...