Munis Little Changed in Quiet Session; This Week Expected to Be Even Slower
- Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2004. Municipal bond prices; Projected gross domestic product growth in the second quarter of 2004; General obligation bonds.
- Market Close: Muni Yields Finish Week Lower. Barnett, Chip; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, p1
The article informs that prices of top-quality municipal bonds increased along with Treasuries after a report which showed that the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the fourth quarter increased more slowly than expected report showed the U.S. gross domestic product in the fourth quarter grew...
- Change to Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Bonds Would Hurt the Economy. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article focuses on a study of the U.S.-based market research company IHS Global Inc. on proposals of the U.S. financial regulatory authorities to eliminate tax exemption for bonds used by nonprofits bonds. The reports found that the reform related to tax exemption may lead to losses in...
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Treasuries dip down despite rosy GDP data. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;11/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30265, p2
Reports the decrease in United States Treasury securities in the third quarter of 1997 despite an increase in gross domestic product. Decrease in the 30- and 10-year treasury bond prices; Attention on the volatility of securities.
- Municipals Fall; Missouri Sells $599 Million of Top-Rated GOs. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p2
Reports the general obligation bonds issued by the state of Missouri. Assessment of market rates; Expectation on the third quarter gross domestic product; Treasury bond losses in the municipal arena.
- Market Post: Munis Open Steady with Stronger Bias, Following Treasuries. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F344, p1
The article informs that the tax-exempt municipal bonds market in the U.S. opened steady with stronger treasuries and better-than-expected economic data as of November 8, 2013. It mentions that the two-year and 30-year treasury yields dropped two basis points each to 0.29 percent and 3.75...
- Treasurer: Fiscal Issues Keep States from Selling Munis. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/4/2014, p40
The article focuses on Virginia Treasurer Manju Ganeriwala's statement that financial challenges are to blame for the inability of municipal issuers to take advantage of low interest rates in 2014, when American states are faced with costs associated with education and Medicaid costs. Topics...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p33
Presents data concerning the U.S. economy and municipal bond market as of July 19, 2005. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields.