Virginia's DOT Is HOT For Lanes
- Assessing PPPs. Dandrea, Joel // American Cranes & Transport;Apr2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p55
The article discusses the use of public-private partnerships (PPPs) as a method to offset the cost of transportation funding in the U.S. It mentions the development of High Occupancy Toll (HOT) at the lanes of the Capital Beltway by Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and...
- More time off? Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Jan2008, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the Virginia Department of Transportation's (VDOF) final agreement with federal and private partners on the I-405 Capital Beltway High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes project. The project, worth $1.4 billion, is expected to start in spring 2008. Only more than $400 million will...
- Virginia DOT Garners Three Proposals for P3 Toll Project. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;9/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33382, p5
The article reports on the proposal submitted by Cintra Infrastructures SAU, 460 Partners Inc., and Bank of America to the Virginia Department of Transportation for a public-private partnership to develop a new tolled highway in the southern part of Virginia.
- TAMS selected to design seven brides in Virginia. Banasiak, David; DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Jan98, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p24
Reports that TAMS Consultants Inc. has been selected by the Virginia Department of Transportation (DOT) to provide engineering services for the design of seven bridges. Cost of the project; Approximate date of completion of the project; Description of the project.
- W.Va. to Get Millions in Airport Funding. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);8/26/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p9
The article reports on the West Virginia Department of Transportation grants awarded to the Mercer County Airport Authority and the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport.
- Pocahontas Parkway Evokesâ€”and Makesâ€”a Bit of History. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/6/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p47
Reports the construction of the route 895 project by the Department of Transportation in Virginia. Completion of the crucial capacity connector; Navigation of utility work; Estimation on the budget of the project.
- Virginia Transportation Projects Face Painful Budget Cuts. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/27/2008, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that five months after reducing its construction budget by $1.1 billion, the Virginia Department of Transportation may now reduce up to $2.6 billion more from its current six-year program. Virginia Secretary of Transportation Pierce Homer announced that the weak economy and...
- Loosening the Belt. Groat, Gary // Roads & Bridges;Apr2004, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the high-occupancy toll (HOT) lane concept proposed for the development of the Capital Beltway (Interstate-495) HOT lanes by I-495 officials in Virginia. Effort of I-495 official Fluor Daniel in pursuing the proposal to the Virginia Department of Transportation; Information on the...
- A CLOSER LOOK: VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. // PM Network;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p48
The article presents a case study of the $1.4 billion high-occupancy toll lanes infrastructure project of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in Alexandria, Virginia. The contractors of the project continue to face challenges due to constant pressure to deliver results and other...