Fresh Start in Atlanta
- Philadelphia's Janice Davis Picked to Be Atlanta's New CFO. DeSue, Tedra; D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p3
Reports on the resignation of Janice Davis as finance director of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to become the chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia. Recommendation of Mayor Shirley Franklin for Davis to take the position; Need for the City Council to confirm the appointment; Career highlights.
- Atlanta Looking at CFO Candidates Including Philadelphia Finance Director. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p3
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia is searching for a new chief financial officer. Possibility that Janice Davis, finance director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, will get the job; Replacement of Rick Anderson, who wants to move on and do other things; Employee selection procedures.
- Defining the role of the CFO. GRAY, ANDI // Westchester County Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 39, p15
The article provides an answer to a question on the role of chief financial officer (CFO).
- Organizations are paying to keep some executives. Daniels, Susan; Klaus, Leigh Ann // Quality Progress;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the difficulty of finding and retaining executives, according to the Hay Group's annual executive compensation report. Compensation increases awarded to executives; Chief financial officers' critical role in ensuring a company's financial stability.
- Never fear, the S151s are here. Wellen, Maureen // Public Finance;9/9/2005, p28
Discusses the role of a chief financial officer in a local government in Great Britain. Law creating the position of a chief financial officer in local authorities; Responsibility in issuing a preventive report to an unlikely expenditure of an unbalanced budget; Obligation of the position to...
- Detroit Searching for CFO as '07 Budget Talks Continue. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p25
The article reports on Detroit, Michigan's search for a permanent chief financial officer (CFO) as Detroit officials are working toward finalizing the fiscal 2007 budget. It discusses the city's review of applications for the permanent position of CFO. Former CFO Sean Werdlow left in November...
- Bean counters are history. Snider, Victor V. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p6
Examines the role of finance administrators in the housing industry. Misconceptions regarding their functions; Need to implement private sector financial management practices; Important role of chief financial officers.
- Above the bottom line. Farrell, Greg // Adweek Western Edition;6/17/96, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p36
Focuses on chief financial officers (CFO) at advertising agencies in the United States. Omnicom Group's Fred Meyer; Interpublic's Gene Beard; Qualities of an effective CFO; Low profile of some CFOs; Participation in hiring decisions. INSETS: Managing change, by G.F.;CFO short list..
- CFOs can't help but check in while on vacation. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;7/14/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p6
The article presents a survey conducted by research firm International Communications Research which shows that chief financial officers (CFOs) in the U.S. cannot resist looking into the activities in the office at least once or twice a week during their vacation.