Omaha Unveils Boosted Budget For Fiscal 2005, Adopts New Capital Plan
- Westminster: 'pilots in crucial phase'. Mann, Nick // Public Finance;Feb2012, Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the potential implementation of the Community Budget pilots in England. Under the strategy, it notes that the councils will collaborate with local partners to gather different central government funding streams into a single pot to better manage the needs of the community....
- BUDGETING. Goss, Sue // Public Finance;Feb2012, Issue 2, p37
The article focuses on Community Budget pilots in England wherein the councils will collaborate with local partners to gather different central government funding streamed into a single pot to better manage the needs of the community. It notes that the Community Budget experiment attempts to...
- ANALYSIS OF REVENUE SOURCES FOR FINANCING OF DEVELOPMENT OF CITIES OF CHERNIVTSI REGION. Ilona, Babuh // Skhid;2013, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p9
The article deals with the analysis of the sources of the budget revenues in financing of the cities of Chernivtsi region. The budget is the only fund which facilitates the financial development of the small cities of Chernivtsi region because of the inconspicuous role of the off-budget...
- Hole story. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p0008
The article argues against the claim of Mayor Frank Jackson that he was able to balance the budget of Cleveland, Ohio in each of his first eight years in the office without increasing tax as of March 10, 2014. It points out that Jackson failed to invest in the maintenance of the city streets....
- Revenue Mobilisation Performance of Union Parishad in Bangladesh: Is It Convergence of Central-Local Relations? Ullah, Anwar; Pongquan, Soparth // Asian Social Science;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p25
Despite several local revenue sources, Union Parishads (Councils) in Bangladesh are yet to perform optimal local revenue mobilisation. This paper evaluates Unions revenue trend and performance, budget and planning practices, effect of central grants on local revenue in the backdrop of central...
- Manchester snubs OGC in card row. Golder, Andrew // Supply Management;4/29/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the decision of the city council of Manchester, England to choose Royal Bank of Scotland Mastercard over the Office of Government Commerce's Visa purchasing card. Reason why the city council chose Mastercard; Benefits of Visa purchasing card.
- Council passes capital plan. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);3/20/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p5
The article offers news briefs in Hay River, Northwest Territories as of March 20, 2013 including a capital plan passed by the town council, the acquisition of the Fire Department of new vehicles, and the commitment for the skate project.
- Granite City Council considers $24.3 million budget. // Granite City Press-Record;6/27/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 26, pA2
The article reports on the 24.3 million U.S. dollars in budget proposal from the Granite City Council in Illinois for the fiscal year 2012-12, that has a 25,898 U.S. dollar surplus from the previous year.
- City Council high jinks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/28/2002, Issue 322948, p24
Editorial. Comments on the failure of the Fresno City Council in California to develop an effective budget for the city. Refusal to increase utility tax; Recommended increase in spending; Amount of deficit; Increase of funding to social organizations without thinking of sources of funds.