Ongoing Battle Over Texas School District's Finances Gets Serious
- Eight Phoenix-Area School Districts Set to Sell $83 Million of COPs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p32
Reports on the plan of several school districts in Phoenix to sell certificates of participation under the School District Tax Anticipation Note Program of Arizona. Function of the program; Purpose of the issue; List of districts participating in the program.
- Washington School District Waits on Votes for Bond Decision. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32515, p7
The article reports that school district waits on votes for bond decisions in the U.S. The votes on Federal Way School District No. 210's multi-million dollar bond question favor the measure with about 56 percent of the area's registered voters' ballots counted. The district made a proposed...
- School Funds OK'd. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;6/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31904, p35
Reports on the approval of the voters to a school funding initiative that would ease property taxes in Maine. Provisions of the initiative; Estimates on the cost of the plan.
- Arkansas Court Sets Nov. 17 for School Funding Arguments. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32249, p3
Reports that the Arkansas Supreme Court has set a date to hear oral arguments from the state and school districts in response to a report submitted by court-appointed special masters on the effectiveness of new school finance laws approved by the General Assembly to revamp funding for schools in...
- CALIFORNIA: Stockton USD Wants $673M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that the Stockton Unified School District board has been poised to put a $673 million general obligation bond measure in front of voters during 2008, as indicated in the report of Stockton Record in Stockton, California. The report noted that the school board is expected to...
- The effect of school district structure on education spending. Burnell, Barbara S. // Public Choice;Mar1991, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p253
This paper develops a theoretical and empirical model of local spending on education that analyzes the effect of institutional structure on education spending. It attempts to determine whether the theory of bureaucratic behavior is consistent with school district spending decisions by testing...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Education Week;12/5/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p17
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The Commission on State Taxes and Tax Structure in Maryland has proposed a tax increase aimed at improving the budget for school districts and local governments in poor areas. The Committee for Educational Equality has filed a lawsuit against Missouri's...
- Texas' Midland College Selling First GOs Since 1975. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the sale of government obligation bonds by the Midland College District in Texas Panhandle, Texas. Total value of the bond offering; Plan of the district to use the proceeds to recapitalize Midtown College; Basis for the selection of the date for the offering.
- GRANTS. // Education Week;11/19/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p22
The article presents a lists of educational grants given by several public and private organizations in the U.S. These grants includes the 285,000 dollars for the Danforth Program for Professors of School Administration, 30,000 dollars for the Arlington School District, 85,000 dollars for the...