Far West Bond-Watch
- CREDIT RATINGS AND THE MARKET FOR GENERAL OBLIGATION MUNICIPAL BONDS. Rubinfeld, Daniel // National Tax Journal;Mar73, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
A model of the general obligation municipal bond market provides for an analysis of the credit rating process and for a test of the assumption that credit ratings affect municipal borrowing costs. It is found that published credit ratings do have an effect on municipal yields which is...
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p13
The article presents a calendar of events related to requests for proposals in the bond market in the United States as of January 23, 2006 including Miami-Dade County, Florida municipal bond underwriting pool. advisory services of Timothy P. Cahill, Underwriter services for NYCTL 2006-T Trust.
- In the Complex World of Muncipal Bonds Don't Go It Alone. Garth, William; Cohen, Gwen G. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;11/21/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 46, p4
The article offers suggestions regarding the key factors which can affect the selection criteria of municipal bond market in the U.S. It suggests to make the use of credit ratings in accessing the credit quality of an individual bond. It informs that municipal bond has very low rate of default...
- FLORIDA: Alachua County Gets Boost. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p31
The article reports on the plan of Alachua County to competitively sell $65 million of public improvement revenue bonds in two series following its upgrade from the A2 to A1 rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Florida. Proceeds from the $21.1 million Series 2007A bonds will be used for...
- Market Close: Holiday Shoppers Look at High Variety Supply Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/2/2014, Issue 34219, p1
The municipal bond market offers a nice variety of issues this week designed to appeal to those tax-exempt holiday shoppers looking for both quality and a good deal. The calendar consists of approximately $12.5 billion of new issue supply and traders expect the deals to be attractively priced.
- Munis Finish Session Little Changed; Virginia Sells $448M Tobacco Deal. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32132, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market finished little changed yesterday, as a rebound in Treasuries helped it erase earlier losses, while in the primary participants focused on $448 million of Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. tobacco bonds. Traders and underwriters...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Municipal Bond Prices. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p39
Presents market statistics related to municipal bond prices in the United States. Credit rating of the bonds; Category of the bonds; Price of bonds.