BlackRock Buying State Street From Met Life for $375 Million
- Deal for State St. Research To Give BlackRock More Heft. Gottlieb, Jenna // American Banker;8/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 166, p8
Reports on the offer by BlackRock Inc. of $375 million to buy State Street Research and Management Company. How the New York money managing firm owned by PNC Financial Services Group Inc. says it will pay $325 million in cash and $50 million in stock for SSRM Holdings, Inc. which is the parent...
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;8/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p11
Presents news briefs on the investment industry as of August 2004. Appointment of Douglas Jamieson at Gabelli Asset Management; Definitive agreement between MetLife Inc. and BlackRock Inc. for the acquisition of SSRM Holdings Inc.; Contract renewal between Ennis Knupp & Associates and Ohio...
- BlackRock Buying Hedge Fund Manager. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;9/30/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 187, p20
Reports on the acquisition of Boston, Massachusetts-based Cyllenius Capital Management by the asset management firm BlackRock Inc. Corporate background of Cyllenius.
- Investment Firms Focus On Wealth Service Deals. Ackermann, Matt; Gottlieb, Jenna; Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;9/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 179, p9
Discusses the significance of growth through acquisitions for investment managers who are looking to expand asset management and servicing business. Description of BlackRock Inc.'s merger with SSRM Holdings Inc., the parent company of State Street Research; Comments by Laurence D. Fink, chairman...
- MetLife Asserts It Is Not Currently Involved In Negotiations For Any Acquisition Move In Korea. // Insurance Advocate;3/25/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 12, p38
Presents the statement issued by MetLife Inc. regarding inquiries about its possible acquisitions in Korea.
- American revolution. North, Kim // Money Marketing;2/23/2006, p40
The article focuses on the status of merger and acquisitions in Great Britain. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Black Rock Inc. merger is one of the most powerful investment management companies in the world with 1 trillion dollars in assets under management. Some of the U.S. companies that are...
- Fed OKs MetLife's Acquisition Of Bank. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/26/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Reserve Board has approved MetLife's application to acquire Grand Bank, N.A. of Kingston, New Jersey. Purpose of the acquisition; Products and services to be offered by MetLife; Details on the ruling of the board.
- MetLife grows sales team in Greater Syracuse. Matino, Kristina // Business Journal (Central New York);1/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the increasing sales team in MetLife Inc.'s Greater Syracuse Agency in New York. The agency merged with two other MetLife Central New York offices which resulted to an increased number of sales representatives to 72 with six sales managers and 14 clerical employees....
- Tempting takeover target. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;5/17/2007, p30
The article discusses the possible acquisition of life insurance company, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. due to its importance in the black middle-income market in South Africa. An analysis of the companies that might be interested in acquiring Metropolitan is explored. The author thinks that...