Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs
- Market Close: Muni Yields Finish Week Lower. Barnett, Chip; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The article informs that prices of top-quality municipal bonds increased along with Treasuries after a report which showed that the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the fourth quarter increased more slowly than expected report showed the U.S. gross domestic product in the fourth quarter grew...
- Change to Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Bonds Would Hurt the Economy. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article focuses on a study of the U.S.-based market research company IHS Global Inc. on proposals of the U.S. financial regulatory authorities to eliminate tax exemption for bonds used by nonprofits bonds. The reports found that the reform related to tax exemption may lead to losses in...
- Munis Little Changed in Quiet Session; This Week Expected to Be Even Slower. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p2
Assesses municipal bond prices in the United States. Treasury prices; Future rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Gross domestic product; Commentaries of Federal officials about the economic outlook; Municipal bond funds; Taxable bonds funds; Equity funds.
- Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p31
Reports on the increase in indexes as municipal bond prices decreases in the face of heavier supply and a fall of the Treasury market in the U.S. Amount of the general obligation bonds and several large deals in California; Indication of a growth in gross domestic product; Average yield to...
- Municipals Fall; Missouri Sells $599 Million of Top-Rated GOs. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p2
Reports the general obligation bonds issued by the state of Missouri. Assessment of market rates; Expectation on the third quarter gross domestic product; Treasury bond losses in the municipal arena.
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Market Post: Traders Anxiously Await GDP, FOMC Statement. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article offers information on the influence of gross domestic product data and the Federal Open Market Committee statement on municipal and Treasury bond markets in the U.S. According to Municipal Market Advisors data, the municipal market strengthened with yields for the 10-year falling by...