NEWS IN BRIEF
- Munis Mixed in Data-Free Session. Scarchelli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. A mix of firm and a bit of weak performance is seen in the market the Treasury market showed little movement. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note finished at 4.40 percent. The yield on the two-year note was...
- Munis Firm as Dealers Absorb Bid-Wanteds. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32402, p2
The article highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States s of June 13, 2006. The municipal bond market firmed slightly, as modest gains in Treasuries and continuing weakness in equities helped dealers absorb a bid-wanted list of about $350 million. According to the...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 4.705%, 4.810% High Yields. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p2
The article provides updates on the tender rates for the Treasury Department's 91-day and 183-day discount bills as of May 22, 2006 in the U.S. For the three-months incurred a 4.705 percent high rate, decrease from 4.740 percent and for the six-months incurred a 4.810 percent high rate, decrease...
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p10
Presents statistics related to competitive note offerings as of November 27, 2001 in the U.S. Issuers of bonds; Insurers of bonds; Rankings of bonds.
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p33
Presents bond market statistics on one year note index during January 2001 and January 2002 in the U.S. Issuers considered for the calculation of note index; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to issuers.
- U.S. Securities Prices. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p33
Presents bond market statistics related to the U.S. securities prices. Bid of treasury bills; Lehman Brother's long treasury bond index; Treasury notes and bonds in points and 32ds.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p37
Reports on the schedule for the U.S. bond market between November 12 and 16, 2001. Activities related to treasury bills and auctions in the market on November 13; Announcement for the Treasury auctions four-week bills and buyback of securities on November 14; Events to be held on November 15.
- Bond Buyer Yields Indexes Mostly Down This Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32185, p44
Reports on the decline in The Bond Buyer's yield indexes after the market was initially buoyed by the Treasury market's ability to rebound in the U.S. Announcement of the Treasury market to revalue its currency; Factors contributing the performance of the Treasury and municipal markets relative...
- Treasury 4-Weeks To Pay Down $10B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p2
The U.S. Treasury Department said it will sell $9 billion of four-week discount bills Wednesday.