Mom and Pop Pay Steep Price To Trade Munis, Study Shows
- Municipal Market Awaits Onslaught of New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2015, p1
A bevy of new municipal bond deals are set to come to market on Tuesday after traders saw two sessions where yields moved lower.
- Chicago GOs Fare a Little Better. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;1/12/2016, p1
Pricing results on Chicago's $500 million general obligation refunding and restructuring bond pricing Monday showed narrower spread penalties for the first such deal from the city since a large property tax increase.
- Prices Are Mixed After Fed Cuts Rates; $721 Million from Puerto Rico Priced. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p2
Reports on the effect of the Federal Reserve's decision to ease monetary policy on municipal bond prices in the U.S. Percentage yield for bond underwriters on Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority bonds in primary market; Response of retail investors in the bonds market; Retail orders for New...
- Muni Prices Weaken Ahead of Next Week's $5.1B Calendar. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/23/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bond prices finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields from one to three basis points stronger.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Strengthen With Treasuries. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;10/9/2014, p38
The article reports on the decline in the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index by three basis points in the week ending October 9, 2014.
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken in Latest Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;2/05/2015, p42
The article reports on the performance of several municipal bond indexes in the U.S. as of February 2015 including The Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, the Bond Buyer's 20-Bond GO Index of 20-year general obligation (GO), and the 11-Bond GO Index of higher-grade 20-year GO.
- Bond Buyer Index Yields Rise as Treasury Rally Subsides. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/242014, Vol. 1 Issue F341, p40
The article reports that the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index in the U.S. increased by five basis points to 4.33% in the week ending October 23, 2014.
- Market Close: Investors Wary With Puerto Rico in Focus. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;2/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34058, p1
The article offers a market report related to the performance of municipal bonds of Puerto Rico as of February 11, 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of downgrade of Puerto Rico bonds on municipal bond yields, response in the retail investing and uncertainty to the municipal bond market...
- GO Yield Curve. // Bondbuyer.com;6/8/2015, p7
A chart is presented that depicts the General Obligation (GO) Yield Curves of bonds issued as of June 8, 2015.