Hope for atrazine replacements
- Hawk nozzle update is providing better control. // Farmers Weekly;7/7/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p51
The article reports on the effectiveness of the updated Hawk nozzle in controlling the blackgrass at Agrovista's blackgrass trials site in Northamptonshire, England. Hawk plus the adjuvant Galion was applied using different nozzles to plots with a quad-bike system replicating commercial...
- Maize growers warned on looming atrazine deadline. Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;3/4/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the deadline for the application of atrazine herbicides given by MGA agronomist Simon Draper to maize growers in Great Britain. Maximum application rate of herbicides; Other options which could be used in controlling weeds.
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;9/21/2007, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p91
The article reports on the plan of Agrovista to look more closely at the issue of whether the uptake of Atlantis is affected by too much leaf moisture or water around the roots in its trials in 2007. An Agrovista official suggests spraying an organosilicon wetter if leaf moisture proves to be...
- Options for replacing ATRAZINE. Palmer, Colin // Forestry & British Timber;Feb2007, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p39
The article features several possible replacements for atrazine in replant and upland forestry and woodlands in Europe. Due to its ineffective residual activity in upland areas, several products are introduced in the market including Casoron G as an early spring applied chemical and Free Diuron....
- Knock down large pigweed in corn as Atrazine cut-off nears. Crow, Whitney // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;5/16/2014, p4
The article offers the author's insight on how growers in Tennessee can manage big pigweeds in corn. The author says that Halex GT or Capreno herbicides combined with atrazine are considered an effective tool in controlling Palmer amaranth in corn. She mentions that Halex GT and Capreno in...
- Synergistic Effects of Atrazine and Mesotrione on Susceptible and Resistant Wild Radish (Raphanus raphanistrum) Populations and the Potential for Overcoming Resistance to Triazine Herbicides. Walsh, Michael J.; Stratford, Karrie; Stone, Kent; Powles, Stephen B. // Weed Technology;Apr-Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p341
The synergistic interaction between mesorrione, a hydroxyphenylpyruvate Â¿Â¡oxygenase (HPPD)-inhibiting herbicide, and atrazine, a photosystem II (PS II)-inhibiting herbicide, ha-1s been identified in the control of several weed species. A series of dose-response studies examined the...
- PENDIMETHALIN BETTER AS PRE-EM, SAYS AGROVISTA. // Farmers Weekly;8/8/2008, p98
The article reports on a statement by Agrovista's Mark Hemmant that pendimethalin is better positioned within the pre-emergence treatment rather than waiting to apply it with Atlantis. Hemmant explained that most blackgrass now has some enhanced metabolism resistance, but it has least at...
- HEADS-UP-APPLICATION. Neal, Joseph C. // Landscape Management;Mar2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p50
Offers tips on the use of herbicides. Identification of weeds; How to select the appropriate herbicide; Application of herbicide; Significance of timing in herbicide application.
- 10 herbicide application mistakes. // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p1
A list of the 10 herbicide application errors is presented, including is application when weeds are too big, its rate of application is too high, and its carryover.