Friends of News from Native California
- TIGHTWAD TITANS? Mcclintock, Pamela; Learmonth, Michael // Variety;3/28/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on several U.S. media personalities who do not donate to charities according to a lists of generous philanthropists compiled by periodicals "The Chronicle of Philanthropy" and "Business Week." Other media personalities that are notable for their donations; Amount that should be given by...
- FAB THANKS FAB DIVA READERS. // Diva;Jan2003, Issue 80, p22
Reports on the appreciations of the Feminist Audio Books to the readers of the 'Diva' magazine for their donations to the essential reading service for blind women.
- TEC Awards Provide $42,000 in Scholarships. // Sound & Video Contractor;Jun2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the donation given by the Mix Foundation for Excellence in Audio (MFEA) to the Sound Partners outreach program of the House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, California. Source of fund of the Mix Foundation; Support given by the foundation to another institution.
- The ASI Show donates $100,000 to regional associations. // Wearables Business;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the donation made by the ASI Show to regional promotional associations across the U.S. through the show's Revenue Sharing Program, which was launched in 1998. Objective of ASI Shows; Benefits from the Revenue Sharing Program.
- ASM Technical Programming Board members named for 2001-2002 term. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2002, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p54
Presents the board members of ASM International Foundation. Chairmanship of James A. Salsgiver in the technical Programming Board; Appointment of John E. McDonald as vice chairman of the organization; Position of Fred E. Baldwin in the board.
- Members in the News. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2002, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p55
Highlights career developments among ASM International Foundation members in the U.S. as of March 2002. Appointment of Arden L. Bement as director of the National Institute of Science and Technology; Promotion of Ronald P. Krupitzer as senior director of the American Iron and Steel Institute;...
- What's Growing On in DONATIONS. // American Nurseryman;2/1/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the grants given by Colorado Nursery Association and Parsons Nursery Inc. to the American Nursery & Landscape Association in the U.S.
- GIVE THE PAST A FUTURE. // Beaver;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p69
This article calls for donations for the National History Society of Canada in 2007.
- LARGEST GRANTS TO DETROIT AREA INSTITUTIONS. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p28
Presents a list of the largest charitable grants to institutions in Detroit, Michigan. Allocation of the grants donated by the Kresge Foundation; Amount of grant given to the Community Foundation For Southeaster Michigan; Use of the money for community renovations and constructions.