A Publishing Center
- Twelve Points for Successful Book Signings: Author's Dos and Don'ts. Reece, Colleen L. // Writers' Journal;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p47
The article offers tips on how to have successful book signings. It suggests that the best way to do book signings are by speaking at churches or teaching at classes. It affirms that it would also be helpful to offer one's sponsoring group a percentage of the sales and asking them to advertise...
- PERSONAL REFLECTIONS. // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p22
Relates the efforts of Heyday Books in publishing books about the native people in California. Personal background of publisher and author Malcolm Margolin; Achievements of the company; Involvement with Indians.
- Why California Indian Publishing? // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p25
Examines the reasons for publishing articles and books written by Indians in California. Importance of native writings to the Indians; Purpose of native writings; Influence of Indian literature to readers.
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Spring2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p2
The article presents the author's opinion on the joys and challenges of publishing this journal. She comments on the financial difficulties of publishing and the capacity to maintain their California Indian Publishing Program. She is grateful for the donations she received after she asked and...
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Fall2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
Presents the author's views about the cultural values and societal achievements of California Indians. Factors which made the traditional Indians to sustain its liberal and self-sufficient reputation in the society; Contributions of California Indians in the publishing industry.
- How to Support News from Native California. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p34
This article presents information about the development of the periodical and the costs of publication. The article also explains how to subscribe or make donations for the support of "News From Native California."
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- The Polish Bookmarket. Golebiewski, Lukas // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p56
Describes the changes in the publishing and bookselling industries in Poland as of December 2001. Cause of the disintegration and dispersion of book distribution network; Consequences of contracts commissioning the distribution of books in the market; Reasons for the decline in total book...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...