Cabazon Museum Acquires Ancient Cradle Boards
- Little Turtle's Moccasins and Leggings in the Bata Shoe Museum. Sager, Dave // Whispering Wind;2007, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p36
The article offers information on the exhibition of center seam moccasins and a pair of leggings in the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, Ontario. Featured garments are testimonies to the skills of craftswomen in the late 18th and early 19th century. One is the moccasin attributed to Little Turtle, a...
- Reuniting Families, Telling Stories. Hinton, Cheryl // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
Reviews the exhibition "Legacy From Our Mothers: Indian Basketry of San Diego County" at the Barona Cultural Center and Museum in San Diego, California in October 2004.
- Arctic Transformations and Indian Identity. Weston, Wendy // Native Peoples Magazine;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p90
This article features the Institute of American Indian Arts Museum in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The museum stands as a tribute to the perseverance of Indigenous culture and art. The museum received its present building through an act of Congress in 1991. It recently completed a renovation project to...
- From Where the Sun Rises: Children of the Plateau. // Journal of Business (10756124);Jun/Jul2005 Supplement, Vol. 20, p64
Highlights the art exhibition featuring Plateau Indian artifacts at the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture in Spokane, Washington until July 10, 2005. Art pieces included in the exhibition; Promotion of tribal culture and affection for children as the main purpose of the exhibition.
- 2006 Santa Fe Indian Market Calendar of Events. Indyke, Dottie // Native Peoples Magazine;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p45
The article presents a calendar of events concerning Native Americans as of July 2006. The Southwest Association for Indian Arts produced the Santa Fe Indian Market. July 14 through August 14 marks the Gala Artwork Preview Exhibition. A sneak preview of Award-Winning Artwork and Silent Auction...
- First China, now India. C. R. // Art Newspaper;Dec2007, Vol. 16 Issue 186, p10
The article announces the exhibition of the Serpentine Gallery in London, England called "India Calling" to be held in 2008. The exhibit will showcase contemporary art from India to be designed by architect Balkrishna Doshi with plans of transforming the gallery into an Indian house. The exhibit...
- NMAI opens new exhibition. // AV Magazine;Apr2011, p5
The article reports on the permanent exhibition "Infinity of Nations: Art and History in the Collections of the National Museum of the American Indian" opened by the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI) in New York in April 2011, featuring 700 artifacts.
- A New Day Dawns over Mile High City. Weston, Wendy // Native Peoples Magazine;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p58
The article offers information on the Denver Art Museum in Colorado. The museum, founded in 1893, has the most comprehensive collection of world art between Chicago and the West Coast and includes a wide array of American Indian art and material culture. The article continues with topics...
- OTHER EXHIBITS OF INTEREST. // Native Peoples Magazine;May/Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p56
The article reviews several exhibitions including "Gifts of the Trees," at Stonington Gallery, Seattle, Washington on June 2-30, 2011, "Terri Greaves' Storied Beads," at Shiprock Santa Fe, New Mexico on May 28-June 20, 2011 and the ongoing "The Colleen Cloney Duncan Museum Shop," at the Museum...