Hitting the Big Time
- EVENTS. // News from Native California;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p35
This article presents information about an exhibit entitled "Sing Me Your Story, Dance Me Home" in Santa Ana, California from February 8 through March 29, 2009. The exhibit is based on a book by Margaret Dubin entitled "The Dirt Is Red Here: Art and Poetry From Native California." The 2008...
- Other Books of Interest. // Native Peoples Magazine;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p64
A list of books on American Indians is presented "The Dirt Is Red Here: Art and Poetry From Native California," edited by Margaret Dubin, "Foods of the Southwest Indian Nations," by Lois Ellen Frank, and "Irene Avaalaaqiaq: Myth and Reality," by Judith Nasby.
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Summer2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
The article provides information on the collaboration of "News from Native California" and the California Exhibition Resources Alliance (CERA) through the publication of artwork and poetry books as well as the transformation of the books into traveling exhibitions. The book "The Dirt Is Red...
- Learning from the (Slam) Masters: What Poetry Writing Instructors Can Learn about Delivery from Poetry Slam Coaches and Curators (a Symposium). Hunley, Tom C. // Worcester Review;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p78
This article provides a symposium conducted through electronic mail, discussing what poetry writing instructors can learn about delivery from poetry slam. Symposium participants and affiliations; Good methods for coping with tension before and during a performance; Lessons learned from slam...
- ON THE QUAD. Milzoff, Rebecca // New York;11/30/2009, Vol. 42 Issue 40, p84
The article offers information on a reading of T.S. Elliot's poems after a performance by the MirÃ³ Quartet on December 2 and 3, 2009 at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York City.
- Candidates weekend 'hits home run'. Maye, Warren L. // Good News!;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p8
Information about the Territorial Candidates Seminar and Railton Preview Weekend held in New York is presented. It states that the seminar offered four educational tracks such as the Accepting Track, the Exploring Track, the Discovery Track, and the Railton Track. It indicates that the seminar...
- Allen Ginsberg & Friends in Atlanta. Hiers, Debbie // Art Papers;May/Jun82, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p13
The article discusses the highlights of the poetry readings and workshop led by poets Allen Ginsberg, Peter Orlovsky and Michael McClure at Seven Stages Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia in January 1982. Ginsberg discussed the link between poetry and meditation and he considers focus and recollection...
- 'WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...'. Abley, Mark // Books in Canada;Dec78, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on public poetry reading in Canada. Rules for a successful reading; Characteristics of boring reading; Importance of the quality of reading; Embarrassing questions frequently ask to poets.
- Better the Other Bards. Meadows, Susannah; Begun, Bret; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;8/14/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the 2000 National Poetry Slam, and presents four pointers to a good performance. How to know the audience; Articulate; Attempt to tell a story; Keep the performance real.