National Hardwood Lumber Assn
- REFERENCE WATCH. // Forest Products Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p7
Features several reference materials in the forest products industry as of October 2002. Website of the Hardwood Council; 'Engineered Wood Pallets--A Solid Value' brochure from APA--The Engineered Wood Association; '2002 Buyer's Guide and Directory,' released by the Hardwood Manufacturers...
- HMA ELECTS 2005 BOARD. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2005, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the election of officers and directors of the Hardwood Manufacturers Association in the United States in March 2005. Election of Jameson French of Northland Forest Products as president and Charlie Netterville of Fred Netterville Lumber Co. as first vice president.
- Hardwood group elects Jones '07 president. // Furniture/Today;4/16/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p28
The article announces the election of officers of the U.S. Hardwood Manufacturers Association during its National Conference and Exposition in Charleston, South Carolina in March 2007. Jimmy Jones of J.E. Jones Lumber Co. was elected president and Troy Brown and Terry Brennan were elected vice...
- AHEC RELEASES STUDY ON LAWFUL HARVESTING AND SUSTAINABILITY OF U.S. HARDWOODS. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan2009, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on American Hardwood Export Council's (AHEC's) independent research study "Assessment of Lawful Harvesting and Sustainability of U.S. Hardwood Exports." AHEC released the findings of the study during the 2008 National Hardwood Lumber Association's (NHLA's) Annual...
- Global markets for U.S. hardwood components. Haas, Michael P.,; Smith, Paul M., // Forest Products Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p45
Surveys United States hardwood dimension and flooring manufacturers regarding their operations to better understand this industry in terms of demographic variables, international market position and importance of business relationships. Presentation of primary markets for hardwood components;...
- Grade rules differ: U.S. vs. tropical hardwoods. // Forest Products Journal;Apr97, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the differences in the grading rules for hardwood lumber in the United States and other countries. Features of the grading rules by the National Hardwood Lumber Association; Comparison to graded North American hardwood; Malaysian Timber Board grading.
- Talk to someone who owns one. // Forest Products Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p8
Reports on Hardwood Manufacturers Association Technology Information Center's maintaining of a database of lumber manufacturing equipment in use at member facilities, as well as brochures and videos from suppliers.
- Hardwood groups ponder promotional campaign. L.A. // Wood & Wood Products;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the members of the hardwood supply industry's congressionally-approved, industry-wide mandatory assessment program called Commodity Checkoff Program. Possibility of raising $25 million; Funds to be used in marketing and educating the public about the benefits of hardwoods;...
- Operating a high-cost hardwood lumber environment. Wilhelm, Steve // Wood & Wood Products;Jul94, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p237
Presents information on the hardwood lumber environment in the woodworking industry. Background accounts on the environment; Price statistics; Furniture which use hardwood; Market potential of using hardwood.