'That Dog Don't Hunt'
- Weighing the great divide in television. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;5/20/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 32, p2
The article offers the author's insight regarding the rivalry of broadcast television and cable television in the U.S. Peter Rice of Fox Entertainment touts broadcast television as the dominant one in the country. He also cites the advertising campaign of cable television Turner Entertainment...
- Strange Messenger. Hatch, David // National Journal;9/15/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the advertising campaign launched by the cable industry to promote the transition from analog to digital television in the U.S. It notes that broadcasters will switch to transmitting their programs digitally in February 2009. It cites the implications of the move of the...
- Seriously Successful. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the success of the Return on Investment advertising project of CourtTV in the U.S. in 2005. Manifestation of the success of the project; Plan of the cable network to launch several shows.
- MÃ¡s Promos Aim to Widen Latino Base. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p26
Reports on a TV advertising campaign launched by NBC Cable Networks to widen Latino customer base in the U.S. Value of the campaign; Features of the TV spots; Reasons behind the reluctance of the Latino households to subscribe to cable service.
- IT'S ON THE BAG. // Television Week;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p2
Provides information on the marketing strategies of cable network Trio, the Vivendi Universal-owned network, to back its "Awards Show Mania" month in December 2003 in the U.S. Promotional campaign of the company in different movie theaters in New York; Marketing campaign in Los Angeles,...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...