- NFL Net scores Adelphia. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p5
This article reports that The company NFL Network continues to march toward the end zone of widespread coverage, landing a carriage deal with Adelphia Communications Corp., the fifth-largest cable operator in the U.S. When added to previous carriage agreements with Comcast Crop., DirecTV Inc.,...
- Comcast Tries Voice IP. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the plan of cable television operator Comcast to launch its voice over Internet Protocol trial in Coatesville, Pennsylvania in April 2003. Formalization of the details of the test at a CableLabs conference in Boulder, Colorado; Significance of the plan; Number of homes being served...
- Comcast Learns To Love the Bundle. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p87
Focuses on the efforts of Comcast Corp. to attract consumers by offering a bundle of digital telephone and high-speed Internet service. Concept of bundling; Percentage of high-speed Internet penetration of various cable networks; Partnership between Comcast and Time Warner Inc. for the purchase...
- Ops Say: Stress VOD, Not PVRs. Donohue, Steve; Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the topics discussed at the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Digital & Broadband Conference in Los Angeles, California in March 2004. Need for cable television networks to focus more on video-on-demand (VOD) programming; Results of research by Comcast on...
- Deals. // CableFAX Daily;9/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 182, p1
The article focuses on an offer issued by Comcast to acquire cable assets in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania in September 2005. Sources say that if the deal pushes, it will increase Comcast's position in cable TV.
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- BUSINESS ATTIRE. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p38
The article reports on the plan of major cable operators to enter the enterprise telecommunications services in the United States. According to Wall Street analyst firm Sanford Bernstein, the market has an estimated worth of $55 billion. The article reports on Comcast's launch of a...
- Fla. Sun Shines on Comcast. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the expansion of cable television operator Comcast Corp. in Florida. Solidification of its distribution base in the region; Total cable subscribers in the region; Properties in the region that the company is acquiring from Adelphia Communication Corp.