Voxpath Takes Aim at VoIP Over PBX
- Simulate voice networks. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Feb2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p23
The article reports that Voxpath Networks Inc. manufactures VoIP gateways, phones, and complete networks that replace PBXs in small-to-medium-sized businesses. Businesses that use the equipment subscribe to VoIP phone services from a broadband service provider (BSP). Each BSP purchases a core...
- NAT Traversal connects. Andress, Mandy // InfoWorld;2/18/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on Network Address Translation (NAT), a solution which allows organizations to minimize the number of Internet Protocol addresses they need. Ways in which NAT works; Key requirements of NAT traversal; Test results of NAT Traversal.
- Evolving Transport in the Internet. Trammell, Brian; Hildebrand, Joe // IEEE Internet Computing;9/ 1/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p60
The Internet's transport layer - the SOCK_STREAM service from TCP and the SOCK_DGRAM service from UDP--has seen little evolution over the past three decades, despite wildly changing requirements. Indeed, the movement of the "waist" of the protocol stack hourglass from IP up the stack toward HTTP...
- The IPv6 Transition. Dunn, Tricia // IEEE Internet Computing;May/Jun2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p11
Discusses issues surrounding the transition of the global Internet industry to Internet protocol version 6 (IPv6) as of May 1, 2002. Challenges posed by network address translation to the transition process; Explanation of two kinds of transition mechanisms; Computer software application of IPv6.
- Not Your Father's NetWare. Connolly, P. J. // InfoWorld;11/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p34
Features the NetWare 6.5 bundled software from Novell. Capabilities of the Nterprise Branch Office property of NetWare 6.5; Importance of the Internet small computer systems interface aspect of NetWare; Information on the process of installing NetWare 6.5.
- Pathping power. Harris, Link // Australian PC User;Nov2004, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p110
Reveals that pathping provides extra power for TCP/IP troubleshooting in Windows 2000 and XP. Information on Internet Control Message Protocol; Explanation on the IP parameter called time to live; Simplest pathping string.
- TEKTRONIX UNVEILS SOFTWARE-ONLY SPECTRA2 VOIP TESTER. // Computer Protocols;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article announces the introduction of a software-only edition of the Spectra2 by Tektronix Inc. in 2005. Tektronix Inc., provider of network management and diagnostics products, has introduced a software-only edition of the Spectra2 that offers a remote testing capability for Voice over...
- IPv6: Later is now. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Jun2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the implementation of Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) to succeed Internet Protocol version 4(IPv4). It states that IPv6 became the default IP address protocol for Asia that can take on several dimensions such as the cost of capex for equipment upgrades or for online...
- The Next Step for MSOs. Willcox, Bill // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p42
Reports the investments of multiple service operators on two-way Internet protocol networks with hybrid coax architecture. Availability of Internet service providers with managed access; Configuration of network connection; Discussion on OSS integration.