Ops Bet on Gambling
- Noggin Adds Interactive Series. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p128
Reports the move of cable television network Noggin to launch URL with Phred and Sponk interactive series. Reasons of the move; Efforts of the network to attract teen and young adult audiences; Nature of the interactive series.
- GTE mainStreet to debut virtual show. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p110
Reports on GTE mainStreet cable networks' launching of Virtuality, a daily interactive video/animation program for children. Features of the program; Content being added to the Kids World area of mainStreet; Availability of the GTE's service.
- Nickelodeon calls on videophones. Aho, Debra // Advertising Age;1/31/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on the marketing promotion that will be launched by the children's cable television network, Nickelodeon, called Slime Time Sweepstakes. The network has added interactivity to its promotion each year, which began in 1991. The decision of the network to let children enter the...
- Consumer Habits Under Scrutiny. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
The article presents the results of a study by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing on the trends in the growth of video-on-demand (VOD). A top priority for researchers looking at VOD is to get a handle on just how viewers of VOD programming interact with the linear channel...
- CARTOON JOCKEY. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p68
Reports on Cartoon Network's creation of an animated television host, Johnny Bravo, that interacts with live callers in real-time. Differences of the application from other real-time television animation; Features of the 'Filmbox' studio solution used by the network to create real-time animation.
- What's My Online? Poniewozik, James // Time;12/6/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 23, p98
Discusses the introduction of an interactive music-trivia program on Music Television (MTV) cable network called `webRIOT.' Description of the game and equipment needed; Goal of creating audience loyalty for MTV.
- Millionaire offers prizes to viewers on interactive TV. // Marketing (00253650);10/30/2003, p6
Cable television network ITV's interactive division is on the verge of launching a fully interactive TV play-along with the version of its hit quiz show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," which will enable viewers at home to win cash prizes for the first time. The service is expected to launch in...
- Nickelodeon Gives Preschool Block a Facelift. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p12
Reports the decision of Nickelodeon cable network to incorporate on-air elements of morning programming for interaction of adults and kids in the United States. Definition of brands and message for kid-targeted market; Reinforcement of curriculum on integration of playing as learning tool;...
- GSN GOES 24/7 WITH INTERACTIVITY. Stump, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p2B
Reports on the introduction of two-screen interactivity for every minute of every television show of cable television network GSN. Number of registered GSN interactive users; Number of television viewers who play GSN on-air programming every month; Information on the program "Poker Royale,"...