Cable's Gaming Future
- Ahead of the Pack. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p32B
Focuses on the pace set by direct broadcasting services (DBS) companies in the competitive markets of the U.S. Cable Industry to win subscribers for Latino pay tiers. Growth of the Hispanic satellite subscriptions in the U.S.; Approach to the Hispanic marketplace changed by DBS company DirecTV...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p10
Reports developments on cable services industry in the United States as of June 2001. Move of Echostar Communications Corp. Chairman Charlie Ergen in bidding for DirectTV Inc.; Highlights of the CAB Local Cable Sales Conference in Salt lake City; Details of the meeting between Ecore Media Group...
- Nets: Schwinner's Tough But Reasonable. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p6
Reports the effect of the merger between EchoStar Communication Corp. with DirecTV Inc. on Dish Network in the U.S. Responsibility of programming executive Michael Schwimmer; Increase in the number of subscribers of the Dish Network company; Reduction on the subscription cost of EchoStar.
- TAKING ON NO. 1. Donohue, Steve; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the television and cable promotions of DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. which target Comcast Corp. subscribers in the U.S. Theme of the promotions of the cable operators; Reasons for targeting subscribers of Comcast; Components and cost of the television programming...
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- Dishhead Competition. // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p2
The article reports on the weak market outlook for cable operators DirecTV and Echostar according to Craig Moffet of Bernstein. Moffet rates the market performance of the operators.
- Comcast Holds RSN Talks. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the talks hold by Comcast Corp. with Dish Network Corp. and DirecTV Inc. about the formal request of the two latter television companies through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to access Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia which televises Philadelphia Flyers...
- Street plugs into cable as EchoStar deal dies. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;10/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 6, p8
Reports the impact of the rejection on the merger of EchoStar and DirecTV by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on cable industry. Enthusiasm of cable investors to the decision; Benefits of the rejection to the shares of cable operators; Increase of shares for the affected cable operators.
- The Importance of Being Earnest. Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the importance for cable operators of being earnest in lobbying before U.S. legislators. Reason for the failure of Charlie Egen in lobbying for the merger of EchoStar Communications and DirecTV; Tips on lobbying; Pitfall of selecting a lobby shop. INSET: WHO'S WHO AMONG D.C. LAWYERS...