Rainbow Raises S800M for Spinoff
- CHASING THE RAINBOW. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/6/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 45, p8
Reports that Cablevision postponed its planned spinoff of Rainbow Media Enterprises until after New Year 2005. Spinoff that would have included high-definition satellite broadcaster Voom and national cable networks AMC and Independent Film Channel; Efforts of Cable vision to resolve a Securities...
- Voom Kickoff Leads To Cablevision Q4 Oper. Loss. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p65
This article reports on the operating loss posted by Cablevision Systems due to the launch of Voom direct broadcast satellite service in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2003. Costs associated with the launch of Voom were the primary reason Cablevision posted a loss of $46.2 million. Costs...
- Cablevision Stuck With Voom Costs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the significant costs expected to be incurred by Cablevision Systems Corp. in 2005, which is associated with shutting down its failed satellite venture Voom. Overview of the content of the filing submitted by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Business losses...
- Cablevision Sells Voom to EchoStar. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the sale of the satellite business Voom of Cablevision Systems to EchoStar Communications as of January 2005. Impact of the news of the sale on the shares of Cablevision; Operating cost for the Voom service for the third quarter of 2004; Business losses incurred by Voom for the third...
- Rainbow spinoff poses cash crunch. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/13/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spinoff Rainbow Media Enterprises in the U.S. Citation of the financial challenges faced by Cablevision; Amount of the outstanding debt load of Rainbow; Efforts of Cablevision to finance its Voom satellite broadcasting platform.
- Cablevision fine-tunes spinoff plan. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 20, p6
Reports the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spinoff its Rainbow Media Corp. satellite and cable programming division in the United States. Listing documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Financing for Rainbow Media and Voom DBS entity; Limitations on the...
- Voom Hopes Korea HD Launch Will Lead To More International Deals. Holmes, Mark // Satellite News;6/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the agreement signed by Rainbow Media Holdings LLC with Sky HD company to launch a number of Voom high definition (HD) programming brands in Korea. Voom HD Networks general manager Greg Moyer said that the deal is the company's first step to expand its market outside the U.S.
- Global drive, local pride. Mannes, George // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p29
Focuses on the operations and marketing strategies of Rainbow Programming Holdings Inc., a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corp. Corporate background; Competition in the industry; Expansion initiatives; Continuing focus given to the local market.
- Suitors somewhere over Rainbow. // MediaWeek;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p3
Reports on major companies interested in acquiring Cablevision Systems Corp.'s cable networks following its announcement to spin off Rainbow Programming Holding into a separate company.