- PACT STREAMLINES DIGITAL. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/19/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 54, p22
Focuses on the landmark agreement between Cable operators and television makers on the use of digital television sets for cable subscribers in the U.S.
- Business briefs. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p10
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s projections for its digital cable penetration in 1999. Target number of subscribers; Discount plan designed to boost long-distance and local telephone service as a precursor to offering bundled digital cable, Internet and telephony in 2000; Pro forma 1999 revenue growth...
- HITS Launches New Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p2
Reports that United States-based cable television operator AT and T Corp.'s digital television platform Headend In The Sky has launched several cable television networks as of November 6, 2000. Names of networks; Company background.
- Preparing for the 'new reality' Walkowiak, Mariusz; Smith-Chaigneau, Anthony // CED;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p62
Discusses the emergence of cable-ready digital television. Creation of a uni-directional interface called point of deployment (POD); Opportunity for consumers to purchase cable-compatible digital set-top boxes and integrated digital televisions at retail; Software component of OpenCable, called...
- Digital cable insights. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p24
Reports that CTAM plans to sponsor a national tele-seminar focusing on digital technology applications in cable television industry in the United States. Digital futurist James Canton as host of the seminar to be beamed via satellite to the organization's chapters in the US.
- Analysts tell how cable operators can get DTV value. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p20
Presents two recommendations by analysts to cable operators in the United States on how to get value out of digital television. Merrill Lynch analyst Jessica Reif Cohen's statement that cable operators should free up spectrum and digitize analog channels; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter analyst...
- Not just a sneak preview. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/11/96, Vol. 231 Issue 20, p26
Focuses on the imminent deployment of digital cable services. Switched dial video architectures from Bell Atlantic and SBC; Time Warner's Full Service Network project; Significance of digital service to a cable television operator's quality of service; Expensiveness of digital cable; Operators'...
- The DTV push is on for 1998. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p92
Reports on the plans of cable stations throughout the nation's top ten markets to begin transmission of digital television (DTV) following the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) release of its DTV allocation table in April 1997. Priorities of the 26 stations; Budget plans for the...
- Not just `passing-thru'. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p94
Examines the problem of early digital television station ventures in the United States with the insertion of local content. Factors that complicate the digital television `pass-thru' station concept; Efforts of stations to address the problem; Cost issues involved.