- Untitled. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 47, pP24
The author argues that Nevada should promote and support filmmakers and its filmmaking industry to take advantage of the revenues it might bring to it.
- Chinese filmmakers overcome a wall of opposition. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Aug95, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the group of Chinese filmmakers who are part of the fifth graduating class of the Beijing Film Academy. Chinese government's censorship and repression of the works of the filmmakers; Success of the works of the filmmakers in the international motion picture industry; Description of...
- Gilding the silber screen. Hecht, John // Business Mexico;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p58
Focuses on the liberalization of the film industry in Mexico. Focus of filmmakers on touchy subjects; Criticism of the filmmakers on the political system in the country; Changes in the cultural climate.
- From the Editor. Allen, Jeanne Thomas // Journal of Film & Video;Winter86, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Thomas Guback on the ownership and control in the American film industry and another by Wheeler Dixon on the feature which defines independent producers.
- THE MILD BUNCH. Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/25/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the preference of a group of upstart directors to work alongside film studios to revolutionize it. Growth of the directors through working hand in hand with film studios; Directors that rose to prominence in the nineteen seventies; Price of using the system for directors.
- The Ladies' Man. Griffin, Nancy // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2003, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p138
Profiles McG, the director of the upcoming film 'Charlies Angels: Full Throttle' in the U.S. Views on the motion picture industry; Film credits; Predilections.
- After the revolution: the cinema will carry us. Haghighat, Mamad // UNESCO Courier;Oct2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p26
Offers a look at the motion picture directors and motion pictures produced in Iran. Historical background of motion picture production in Iran; Motion pictures made by director Abbas Kiarostami.
- Shooting on a shoestring. Pedroletti, Brice // UNESCO Courier;Oct2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on motion picture producers and motion pictures produced in Japan. Relationship of old motion picture producers with young motion picture directors; Profile of several motion picture directors; Financial problems of motion picture directors.
- Forward THINKERS. Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/23/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 29, pS-18
Presents the opinions of five well-known independent players on how the business will look in five years time. Importance of independent producers with alternative methods of financing; Reduction in distribution outlets in the independent landscape; Recovery of the business.