OUT AND ABOUT
- THE BKSTS AT A NEW FILM & TELEVISION FESTIVAL. // Image Technology;Oct/Nov1999, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the British Kinematograph Sound and Television Society's "Current Digital Formats and Widescreen Workshop," at the Argyll Screen Arts and Technology Festival to be held on October 28, 1999. The workshop will be delivered by Bill Dudman and will examine the range of digital...
- NAB 2004 DI--Film's Best Friend? Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p36
Highlights the Digital Cinema Summit 2004 in the U.S. Event description; Theme; Attendees; Topics discussed. INSET: GRASS VALLEY 4K.
- Report on Representations for Multimodal Generation Workshop. Thórisson, Kristinn R.; Vilhjalmsson, Hannes; Kopp, Stefan; Pelachaud, Catherine // AI Magazine;Spring2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p108
The Representations for Multimodal Generation Workshop was held on April 23â€“25, 2005, at ReykjavÃk University, ReykjavÃk, Iceland. The overall goal of this workshop is to further the state of research on multimodal generation by enabling (and getting) people in the field to work...
- Colour technology for digital cinema and the digital intermediate. Swinson, Peter // Cinema Technology;Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p46
The article offers information on a workshop on digital imaging cinematography held at Moving Picture Company, organized by British Kinematograph Sound and Television Society. The presenter of the workshop was Charles Poynton. He issued the audience a quiz sheet and the responses allowed him to...
- Review of 'The Soundtrack' -- the School of Sound summer workshop. Nicholls-Gaertner, Su // Soundtrack;Nov2008, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p228
Information about several papers discussed at a workshop sponsored by the School of Sound and Screen Academy Scotland on soundtrack production is presented. Topics include how sound changes the image, how to control space and time, and a case study of "On the Waterfront." The workshop featured...
- Hot SMPTE Topic: Digital Cinema Biz. Giardina, Carolyn // SHOOT;11/18/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p1
The article presents the highlights of a full-day session on advancements in digital cinema held during the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers Fall conference in New York in 2005. The seven-studio consortium Digital Cinema Initiatives released a Digital Cinema specification...
- Filmmakers' Forum. Clark, Curtis // American Cinematographer;Jul2007, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p84
The article discusses the highlights of the first International Digital Cinema Technology Forum held in Seoul, South Korea. It was noted that the purpose of the forum was to review and asses the changes that digital motion-imaging technologies are making in production and postproduction of...
- DIGITAL CINEMA TECHNOLOGY IS FOR YOU! // Cinema Technology;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
The article offers information on the Digital Cinema Technology training workshop to be held in Manchester, England on November 21, 2012. INSET: Reducing Operating Costs and Energy Consumption in Digital Cinema.
- STONEXPO/MARMOMACC AMERICAS ISSUES "CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS" FOR 2009 CONFERENCE PROGRAM. // Stone World;Dec2008, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the StonExpo/Marmomacc Americas 2009 educational program to be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 21-24, 2009.