DISCREET COMBUSTION 3.0
- Beta max: A Pre-Release Peek at discreet 3ds max 7. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p6
Reviews the three-dimensional modeling and animation software 3ds max 7 from Discreet.
- Discreet Ships 3ds max 5. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p10
Evaluates the three-dimensional max 5 animation software from Discreet in the U.S. Design of the three-dimensional software for film, game development, and designed visualization markets; Improvement of the software on integration with Discreet editing and post-production program; Feature of...
- Discreet axes R&D teams. // Televisual;Feb2002, p49
Reports on the move of Discreet to axe two research and development sites and to consolidate operations in Montreal. Job cuts due to Discreet's move; Discontinuation of the Edit product; Support for Edit 6.5 and Jobnet 3.0.
- Gear for Gearheads. Ochiva, Dan // Video Systems;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p33
Features several computer software for computer animation. Key features of Maya 5 from Alias; Capabilities of Softimage/XSI 3.5 from Softimage Inc.; Application of Lustre, a 2K digital color grading system for digital intermediate work from Discreet.
- Deep Textures Come to 3ds max. Maestri, George // Computer Graphics World;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Software company Discreet has announced 3ds max 6, the latest upgrade to its flagship 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software. With Version 6, the company affirms its commitment to game development and introduces new features and enhancements. New features that game developers in...
- INTEGRATE REVIEWS. McMahon, Frank // Video Systems;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p116
Evaluates products for use in computer animation. Discreet's 3ds Max 6 three-dimensional computer animation software; 3Dconnexion's SpaceTraveler computer peripheral.
- DISCREET ADDS NEW FEATURES TO 3D ANIMATION SOFTWARE. // Multimedia Publisher;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p4
This article reports on the 3ds max 7 software launched by Discreet. This major release delivers significant advancements and optimizations to its core features that will greatly enhance the workflow for three-dimensional (3D) artists and designers in film, television, games, and visualization....
- Character Studio 4. King, Doug // Computer Graphics World;May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p36
Reports on three-dimensional max modeling and animation software maker Discreet's introduction of another version of popular character animation package Character Studio 4 with enhancements including Quaternin function curves. Features of Character Studio 4; Mechanism of working of Quaternin...
- Discreet releases combustion 3 and lustre. Howard, Coartney E. // Computer Graphics World;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
U.S.-based software developer Discreet Logic Inc. has launched two software, combustion 3 and lustre. Targeted at professionals producing films, videos and web content, combustion 3 is the latest version of Discreet's visual effects, motion graphics and 3D compositing desktop software. Features...