- The Real Deal. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;2/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on Fox Reality Channel, a cable television station focusing on reality television shows that will debut in the U.S. in 2005. Qualifications of David Lyle, chief operating officer and general manager of Fox Reality; Obstacles and competition faced by Fox Reality; Kinds of reality...
- E! looks to Us Weekly for latest reality show. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;1/22/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p31
Reports on the deal between Us Weekly magazine and E! Entertainment Television in the U.S. Details on the reality television show planned by the two companies; Circulation of the entertainment magazine; Growth in the advertising revenue of the periodical.
- Oxygen thinning out as exec takes breather. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;9/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 45, p5
The article reports that Jennifer Cotter has ankled her post as senior vice president of development for Oxygen. Exec, who has been with the cabler since its inception, will stay on as a consultant through the end of the month while a replacement is sought. She developed Oxygen's long-running...
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- Channeling Reality. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Presents information on Reality Central, a reality programming digital cable channel to be launched in the U.S. in January 2003. List of the names of the executives of Reality Central; Objectives of the network; Overview of the programming on the network.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p10
Provides news briefs related to broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Brief information about the forthcoming reality serials to be telecast on various cable television channels; Renewal of the multi-year contract of Peter Jennings with American Broadcasting Co....
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;04/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p8
Presents news items related to electronic media in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Changes in the tasks and responsibilities of Larry King under new management of CNN; List of titles being considered for Fox Television Stations Inc.'s upcoming reality television special; Corporation for...
- Upfronts: Bravo, TWC Up Ante. MORABITO, ANDREA // Multichannel News;4/8/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the consideration of Bravo and The Weather Channel to invest in reality-themed programming in 2013 and 2014 as the upfront presentations of the network continued.
- New Digi-Net Adds 'Punch' To African-American Niche. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;12/3/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 46, p22
The article offers information on the plans of Punch Co. to launch television stations on December 12, 2012 in the U.S. It mentions that the Punch TV features homegrown comedies, reality shows and films, with mixed martial arts. According to Edwin V. Avent, chief executive officer (CEO), the...