Cisco Systems Adds P-Cube for IP Play
- briefs. // CRN;8/30/2004, Issue 1110, p84
Presents news briefs in the computer industry in the U.S. as of August 2004. Information on the Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, an enhanced management software platform released by Microsoft Corp.; Percentage cut by Intel Corp. on the prices of their Pentium processors; Value of the...
- Cisco puts up $200 M for P-Cube. // CED;Oct2004, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
The article highlights that computer firm Cisco Systems Inc. has agreed to pay $200 million in cash and stock for closely held P-Cube Inc. The acquisition will give Cisco the ability to control and manage advanced IP services and applications ranging from VoIP, to gaming, video-on-demand and...
- Vendors raise solutions, applications stakes with
M&A buys. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/30/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p6
Provides information on several mergers and partnerships of wireless communication companies in the U.S. as of August 30, 2004. Acquisition of P-Cube by Cisco; Purchase of Artisan by ARM Ltd.; Sale of the imaging unit of National Semiconductor Corp. by Eastman Kodak. INSET: Sprint, Mediacom...
- Applause For New World. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;08/30/99, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p7
Deals with the investments of several companies in the Internet. Payment made by Cisco Systems Inc. in acquiring Cerent and Monterey Networks; Value of Netscape Communications Inc. when it went public in 1995; Implication of investments in network engineers and programmers.
- Algar Telecom uses Cisco WI-Fi for mobile roaming platform. // Latin America Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p7
The article offers information on the collaboration between Brazilian mobile operator Algar Telecom and Cisco Systems Inc. under which the latter will supply an automatic Wi-Fi mobile roaming platform to the former, as part of its Wi-Fi network coverage expansion project in Brazil.
- Cisco expands cybersecurity portfolio with ThreatGRID. Donoghue, Sophie // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Network equipment vendor Cisco has acquired threat analysis company ThreatGRID in an effort to boost its cybersecurity portfolio.
- SWOT Analysis. // Cisco Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Mar2006, p5
Provides a business analysis of Cisco Systems Inc., a global manufacturer of networking and communications products and provides services associated with that equipment and its use, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths,...
- Cisco Grabs Pure Digital for $605M. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;3/19/2009, p1
The article discusses the acquisition of the Pure Digital Technologies by Cisco for $590 million. Cisco did not regard another $15 million for employee retention incentives. It is analyzed that Pure Digital Technologies' camcorders would benefit Cisco, who is said to be favoring the purchase of...
- Cisco to acquire Parc Technologies. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p43
Reports on Cisco Systems Inc.'s plan to acquire London, England-based traffic engineering solutions and software developer Parc Technologies Ltd. Terms of the agreement; Worth of the deal.