Mediacom Picks Sprint for VoIP
- Market Research. // CableFAX Daily;11/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 226, p2
The article presents the results of a study on U.S. consumers' level of knowledge on voice over Internet telephony conducted by the Yankee Group.
- VoIP Enthusiasm. Peterson, Shane // Government Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p14
Presents the results of a survey on the enthusiasm of consumers in the U.S. about voice over Internet protocol, conducted by Harris Interactive Europe.
- Sprint debuts managed voice-over-frame service. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p14
Reports on Sprint Corp.'s introduction of its Managed Network Service for Voice over Frame Relay. Migration of intracompany calls off the public switched telephone network onto their data networks; Deployment of Cisco 3810 routers; Projected demand for the service.
- Ops Think Smaller. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p37
Presents information on the launch by operators of voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) telephony in smaller markets in the U.S. in November 2004. Installation by Charter Communications Inc. of its telephony operations; Advantage of a distributed network; Deals signed by Charter with Sprint...
- IP voice quality: Is there a price to pay? W.K. Gritton, Charles // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p79
Deals with the challenges faced by Internet Protocol-based networks in delivering voice services with quality comparable to those of circuit-based networks. Voice services as a high-revenue source for operators; Importance of echo equipment in ensuring quality of service; Drawbacks to quality.
- BREDBANDSBOLAGET DEPOYS CISCO TECHNOLOGY FOR VOIP TELEPHONY. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Reports that broadband provider Bredbandsbolaget will deploy fully functional telephony service using Voice over Internet Protocol from Cisco Systems.
- VoIP solutions--Get ahead of the game. // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Discusses how Voice over Internet Protocol improves customer-care capabilities and employee productivity. Benefits of VoIP solutions; How VoIP solutions are implemented; Distribution of automated calls.
- Latest VoIP Products. // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
Presents information on several Voice over Internet Protocol products. Function of Sphericall system; Features of the PacketStorm 1800E IP Network Emulator; Design of the SHOUTIP telephony platform.
- The lord of the numbers. Huston, Geoff // Satellite Broadband;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on ENUM, a solution converging the public switched telephone network and Internet Protocol networks and the mapping of a telephone number from the public switched telephone network to Internet functionalities. Conventional approach for an application to support a voice...