USA Hopes to Net Gold at the U.S. Open
- Hicks aims for hockey's stars. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;02/09/98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Reveals the local marketing agreement between KXTX television station in Dallas, and Thomas Hicks, owner of Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. Efforts of KXTX to deliver professional hockey telecasts; Issue on ad revenue; Reaction of buyers on the deal; Advantage of KXTX over its...
- TALKSPORT: AN EXPERT'S VIEW. Darby, Ian // Campaign;2/9/2001, Issue 6, p12
Features the talkSPORT station in Great Britain. Target audience of the station; Advertiser of the sport; Rate of weekly reach.
- This sporting life. Williams, Michael // Variety;11/27/95, Vol. 361 Issue 4, p78
Profiles TF1, France's leading television network, and its sports channel. Losses incurred from the sports channels; Reasons for the same; Comments of the sports director of TF1, Jean-Claude Dassier on the same; Related details.
- Power forwards meet low power. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p34
Reports that WBGR-TV brought Bangor, Maine, its first locally broadcast Boston Celtics basketball game after hooking up with the team's network, which was launched by Boston University-owned WABU-TV. Number of games that the station planned to broadcast; Other sports events to be broadcast by...
- Complexity of Eurosport. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on the advances in the broadcasting of sports by European Eurosport (EE), a pan-European television network. Number of languages by which EE television is broadcast; Description of the sport events covered by the company; Types of high-technology equipment and gadgets...
- While MTV bags big-name events, private channels pull more viewers. Csonka, �gnes // Budapest Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the television broadcasting of sports in Hungary. Experimentation of TV channels with the live, exclusive broadcasting of popular sports; Demand for live sports broadcasts; Competition of commercial stations and cable channels with the state-owned Hungarian Television Rt.
- FocusKnoxville. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p37
Reports the coverage of a football game at WVLT television station in Knoxville, Tennessee. Advantage of sports broadcasting on program ratings; Efforts of local stations in beating WBIR station; Preparations of the stations to go digital.
- Still a good catch. Brockington, Langdon // MediaWeek;02/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p10
Presents news on television broadcasting of sports. Television (TV) rights deal under negotiation between WBFS-TV and the Florida Marlins, the World Series champions; Number of Marlins baseball games to be televised by WBFS-TV; Plans of CBS to rebroadcast a 1960s golf match between Ben Hogan...
- Amid ad slump, ITV pulling soccer show from primetime. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/23/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the cessation of ITV network with its experimentation with Saturday nigh soccer in primetime in England. Movement of the show into a later time slot; Advertising downturn facing the commercial network; Commercial reasons behind the decision.