THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK
- REAL-WORLD DIRECTOR. Williams, David E. // Cinefantastique;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p45
This article presents an interview with David Twohy, director of the film "The Chronicles of Riddick." Judging from the fantastic sets Twohy has had built for the show, he does not seem to subscribe to the idea of director George Lucas that a film can be shot almost entirely on a greenscreen...
- The Chronicles of Riddick (Film). D.G. // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/22/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6426, p48
This article focuses on the film "The Chronicles of Riddick," directed by David Twohy. It takes guts to make a $100 million sequel to a film hardly anyone saw. Twohy knows how to shoot tense, bare â€” knuckle action and his towering, gunmetal gray world is a fun sandbox to play in for two...
- The Chronicles of Riddick (Film). // Fort Worth Business Press;6/18/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p44
Reviews the motion picture "The Chronicles of Riddick," starring Vin Diesel and directed by David Twohy.
- TRANSATLANTIC FILMMAKING. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p39
Discusses the effect of remote collaboration technology for cinematography in the motion picture industry in the U.S. Explanation on the use of file transfer protocol used by veteran visual effects supervisor, Matt Johnson, on conferencing with filmmakers; Collaboration of Los Angeles-based...
- Digital Heroes in Contemporary Hollywood: Exertion, Identification, and the Virtual Action Body. Purse, Lisa // Film Criticism;Fall2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
The article talks about the use of digital imaging in Hollywood, in relation to photography and cinema. The author claims that the emergence and presence of digital imaging have caused for issues regarding the ontology of the photographic image to arise. Digital visual technologies produce...
- Automating the Pre-Show. Dew, Martin // Film Journal International;Oct2004, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p32
Comments on the adoption of digital technology in cinema advertising in the U.S. Views on the advertising industry; Benefits gained by advertisers and exhibitors from advertising; Description of audio and video cards integrated into screen servers.
- PIXEL PERFECT. Zappatera, Yolanda // Design Week;5/27/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p16
highlights the Onedotzero festival, the ten-day digital film celebration in Cannes, France, starting May 28, 2004. Categories routed to mainstream arts exposure; Role of the festival in the widespread recognition given to directors Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry; Efforts of project manager Anna...
- ITEA INNOVATIONS. Hibbard, Roger // Film Journal International;Jul2004, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on digital cinematography. Advantage of digital projected films to viewers; Improvement on color representation of films using the technology; Information on the measurement of digital image quality.
- SUPPLY SIDE. Ellingson, Annlee // Boxoffice;Jun2005, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p38
Reports on developments on digital cinema. Facilitation of transition to the emerging technology by major motion picture studios with Technicolor Digital Cinema Inc.; Establishment of a business model by Digiworld Studios to outfit U.S. screens with digital cinema; Effectiveness of cinema...