Cox Effort Helps Parents 'Take Charge'
- Kids can now have best of both digital worlds. // Marketing Week;9/20/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p16
Details the public service role of children's digital television services of BBC in Great Britain. Concern over competition with Nickelodeon; Production of high quality concept for children; Services offered by Nickelodeon.
- Networks reach out to young viewers. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p20
Reports the presentation of news-related programming to school children and educators by television networks in the United States. Launch of 'Nick News With Linda Ellerbee' by Nickelodeon; Creation of the 'CNN Newsroom' by CNN; Provision of criminal-justice-themed programming by Court TV.
- Romanian Public Service Television: Struggle for Existence in the Digital Era. MITU, BIANCA // Media Watch;Sep2015, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p365
The increasing use of the internet has brought new challenges for the public service television system all around the world. Despite the free access to information and the use of digital technology, the Eastern European public service television is still in a shading cone mostly because of the...
- EU sets up Parliament platform. Cendrowicz, Leo // Hollywood Reporter;9/16/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 28, p17
The article reports that the European Union will launch, EuparlTV, its own four-channel online platform that will be broadcasting in 22 languages. It mentions that it is partly inspired by the government and public affairs programming of U.S. cable network C-SPAN. It states that its introduction...
- Cox puts kids on camera for Discovery. Hogan // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p110
Focuses on Cox Communications Inc. and Discovery Channel's second annual Discovery Kids on Camera joint promotion. Companies' efforts to give children their first on-camera exposure through the promotional campaign; Cox's efforts to increase advertisement sales.
- Can kids TV survive in a new media world? Steyer, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the role of the Internet in the television industry. Influence of the Internet on children; Facilitation of communication with audiences; Provision of opportunity to extend television experiences through companion activities; Capitalization on the Internet and television for maximum...
- Mind the Media. // Christian Science Monitor;8/1/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 175, p10
Discusses the role of television and Internet in the life of children.
- Your Screen Test. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;4/28/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 21, p5
The article presents a quiz related to watching television or online videos to determine if a child has been spending too much screen time.
- BBC welcomes Government's proposals. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;3/10/2005, p16
This article reports on the response of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to the government's Green Paper on the future of the firm. Apparently, the BBC is preparing to unveil detailed Internet, broadband and mobile strategies as the government's Green Paper underlines the importance of new...