- Galas to bookend IFP/NY's market. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;8/26/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the opening and closing galas of the Independent Feature Project/New York film market on September 19-24, 2004. Showcase of Brad Anderson's "The Machinist" and Rodney Evans' "Brother to Brother"; Plots of the two movies.
- Bahamas test washes ashore Thursday. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;12/8/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 48, p50
This article presents information related to the film festival being held in the Bahamas. The inaugural Bahamas Film Festival is scheduled to kick off on Thursday with 75 films unspooling over four days around Nassau and Paradise Island. Highlights in competition include film director Rodney...
- Transforming 'Brother' Grant, Natasha // New York Amsterdam News;11/4/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 45, p20
The article presents information on the movie "Brother to Brother," Which is an extraordinarily brave, uncompromising, witty and riveting cinematic debut from writer director Rodney Evans. It's the story of two men Perry Williams and Richard Bruce Nugent: both Black, both gay and both struggling...
- Spirit Awards hoist a glass to 'Sideways' Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;12/1/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on nominations for 20th annual Independent Spirit Awards. With 14 nominations. Fox Senrchlighi leads the contenders for the 20th annual Independent Spirit Awards, paced by "Sideways," which received a nom in each of its six major categories Tuesday. Runner-up for an...
- Brother to Brother screening features Rodney Evans. Humphrey, David // Empty Closet;Apr2006, Issue 389, p1B
Reports on the return of the film "Brother to Brother" to Rochester, New York, together with its director Rodney Evans, in a screening sponsored by the University of Rochester's Frederick Douglass Institute and the Program in Visual and Cultural Studies. Brief summary of the film; Auditorium at...
- All the Sad Young Men: Whiteness as Melancholic Haunting in Black Queer Independent Film. Park, Samuel // Black Camera: The New Series;Spring2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p63
The article reviews the film "Brother to Brother," directed by Rodney Evans.
- BROTHER TO BROTHER (Film). Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;11/12/2004, Issue 792, p93
Reviews the motion picture "Brother to Brother," directed by Rodney Evans and starring Anthony Mackie and Roger Robinson.
- Renaissance men. Cohen, Neil // Echo Magazine;1/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p46
Interviews writer and director Rodney Evans, about the film "Brother to Brother" which is featured at the 2005 Out Far! Film Festival in Arizona. Response of audiences to the film; Views on homophobia in the African-American community; Experiences in making the film.
- Brother to Brother. Rooney, David // Variety Movie Reviews;1/19/2004, p6
The article reviews the motion picture "Brother to Brother," directed by Rodney Evans, and starring Anthony Mackie and Ray Ford.