Working Around the RNC
- MTV turning up volume on programming. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;4/7/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p10
Reports that cable television network MTV Networks has expanded its programming. Television programs to be produced and launched by the network in 2003; Titles of programs.
- MTV Networks makes the grad with young auds. Adalian, Josef // Variety;4/28/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 11, p24
Offers a look at various cable television networks that falls under the MTV Networks banner. Reality television show lineup of Music Television network for 2003; Programs dominating the Nickelodeon network; Problem faced by the VH1 network in 2002.
- Nick getting 'Lalaloopsy'. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;2/12/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 26, p16
The article reports that Nickelodeon will be airing 52 episodes of animated preschool series "Lalaloopsy" in spring 2013.
- Smith plays the Base. Masson, Gordon // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p72
Reports on the launch of the MTV Base channel produced by MTV Networks Africa at the Ster Kinekor Top Star drive-in movie theater in Africa on April 20, 2005. Importance of the television channel to African youth; Contribution of MTV Base to the efforts of the company to campaign for safe sex;...
- CABLERS, SATCASTERS RAMP UP. Kan, Wendy // Variety;6/23/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the increased penetration and healthy revenues of cable and satellite industry in Asia in 2003. Subscriber base of I-Cable Communications; Cable operations of Television Broadcasts; Landing rights awarded to MTV Networks in China.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...