- Adelphia Doings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article reports on the plans of Mecklenburg County in North Carolina to bid for a cable system of Adelphia Communication Corp. The county and towns are considering spending $80 million to enter the bid. The county's franchise agreement gives it the right to buy the operation. Time Warner...
- Vivendi Universal Expects Six Offers For Media Assets. Higgins, John M // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the plans of Vivendi Universal to auction its U.S. entertainment assets, which include cable's USA and Sci Fi channels, the USA Studios production division, and Universal Studios itself. Six players are expected to submit offers: Liberty Media, Viacom, General Electric's...
- NO ACTION ON AUCTION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/7/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the condition of the auction of bankrupt cable operator Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Need for Adelphia to provide would-be buyers with audited financial statements; Comment of Cox Communication chief executive officer Jim Robbins on the bidding process; Operation of Adelphia...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p47
The article presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. ESPN and Adelphia Communications Corp. have partnered for the telecast promotion of the Buffalo Bills-Denver Broncos National Football League game. Cable television advertising will be tracked by TNS Media in San...
- Sunshine, Adelphia in Rate Fight. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p6
Reports that U.S.-based cable television network Adelphia Communications Corp. is threatening to block television broadcasts of Sunshine Network to viewers in south Florida as of December 2002. Factors contributing to the dispute between the television networks; Programs broadcast by Sunshine;...
- This Just in. // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p8
Presents news items related to the field of cable television and telecommunication as of July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Appointment of two independent members to board of directors by Adelphia Communications Corp.; Launch of men's channel Mav'rick Entertainment Network; Selection of National cable...
- Adelphia adds NFL Net. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/7/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the succession of NFL Network of the business of Adelphia Communications Corp. vacated by Empire Sports Network in New York. Number of subscribers of the company; Addition of the customers to the management; Significance of the addition of the customers to the income of the company.
- A bad sign for regional cable news. // Electronic Media;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p9
Editorial. Comments on Adelphia Communications' decision to close down Southern California's Orange County NewsChannel. Newscasts provided by the channel; How it would have been easier for Adelphia to justify scaling back the operation; Effects of the decision on regional news on cable.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.