- Cable proves it's media's live wire. McManus, John // Advertising Age;11/26/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 49, pS-6
Reports on the expected increase in U.S. cable advertising in 1991. Amount of the advertising profit projected by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau; Problems faced by the cable industry in its short existence; Bigger benefits for local cable systems and regional sports networks; Initiatives...
- Single bids place trust in director's vision. Winters, Rochelle // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, pA10
Examines how advertising agency teams single bid their work to one commercial film director. Description of a single bid contract; Normal process of conducting a commercial campaign; Advantages of the concept.
- CHANGE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT. Jacobs, Heather // Inside Film;Oct2005, Issue 81, p26
This article discusses the production of television commercials in Australia. Advertising production in Australia is experiencing a downturn, with production houses and advertising agencies having to adapt quickly to an uncertain future. The industry is beset by shrinking budgets, the increased...
- Fear of Flying Not Allowed. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;2/20/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p24
The article provides information on the television advertisements of Bellevue, Washington-based travel company Expedia. The company's television spots suggests viewers to enjoy traveling. The spots are titled Anthem and Marker. Los Angeles, California-based advertising agency, Deutsch created...
- TV ADS WITHOUT AD AGENCIES. Cook, Richard // Campaign (UK);01/28/2000, Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the opportunities presented by interactive television to advertisers, without the help of advertising agencies. Experience of Open's interactive TV service in Great Britain; Absence of the leadership and advice from mainstream advertisers; Agencies' skepticism about interactive TV.
- CABLE ABLE TO CASH IN. // Cable World (10427228);5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the advertising deals being negotiated by cable television networks in the U.S. for 2003 to 2004. Views of advertisers and advertising agencies on the cable networks; Impact of broadcast network deals on the cable television industry; Deals made by cable networks Discovery and Lifetime.
- iTV's place in a ballooning ad market. Duncan, Chris // New Media Age;3/25/2004, p17
This article discusses the emergence of interactive television advertisements in Great Britain, as of March 2004. Organizations have started to learn the hard way that channel delivery should be driven by customer preference, not by cost. The number of interactive television campaigns in the...
- The Work: New Campaigns - The Region. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/16/2007, p116
The article presents various television advertising films in Asia. Lane Crawford has launched the "Wish List," campaign in Hongkong and China which aims to avoid the traditional Christmas cliches of Santa Claus and establish the idea of building a wishing tree by layering products. Another is...
- UK celebrates Gunn Report success. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);11/4/2005, Issue 45, p2
The article cites the latest Gunn Report according to creativity in Great Britain's advertising agencies remains of a world-beating standard with six out of this year's ten most-awarded television commercials coming from British shops. The report, based on points awarded to winners of the...