- THE THINNEST CAMERA. Lynch, Jackson; Burgess, Darrin // Popular Science;Apr2006, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p56
This article presents an overview of how the Casio EX S600BE digital camera works. The lens element comprises many tiny lenses stacked on top of one another. They lie together tightly when the camera is off, but a small motor extends them when you turn it on and when you adjust the zoom. Mounted...
- MACWORLD'S GEAR GUIDE: Digital Photographers. // Macworld;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p74
The article evaluates various digital cameras. If one has friends who are hooked on digital photography, one can help them feed their habit with a gift certificate from online photo service Shutterfly. The gift certificates are available in $10, $25, $50, $75, and $100 denominations (in...
- Canon backs SLR with short films. // Marketing (00253650);5/5/2005, p8
The article reports that Canon Inc. is promoting its single lens reflex digital camera range through two short films on photography that will be screened in cinemas. The films will be created by Coast Productions. They will appear after the advertising reel and immediately before the movie...
- CAMCORDERS. // Consumer Reports;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p28
Reports on digital camcorders and offers information about their use. Description of the features available in current digital camcorders and what they do; Analysis of the different recording mediums that most camcorders use; Extra equipment one might need if using a camcorder a lot; Comparison...
- Has the Big Picture Gotten Too Small? Sintumuang, Kevin // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct2005, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p110
Presents views and insights on the growing trends of ultraslim digital cameras. Contention of the author that picture quality suffers when digital cameras are becoming smaller; Necessity of high-end digital cameras in order to get higher quality pictures.
- Khondji Enters the DI Suite. Argy, Stephanie // American Cinematographer;May2005, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p40
Provides details of the tactics used in the making of the film "The Interpreter." Contrast between dark and light locations of the movie; Use of digital intermediate to supplement the cinematography of the film; Disadvantages involved in the use of digital intermediate.
- SILVER SCREEN GOES SILICON. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/21/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6325, p59
Reports on motion pictures shot using digital cameras. Advantages in using digital production; Comments on digital projection; Reasons of cinema owners for not adopting the technology.
- Avid DS Shines on Metric Video "All Yours". Peters, Oliver // Videography;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the upgrade of Avid's flagship system Avid DS Version 10.3.1 with improved stereoscopic 3D control and backing for RED Digital Camera color science and Mysterium-X sensor.
- LOOK SHARP. // Backpacker;Oct2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p14
Introduces the Pentax Optio S digital camera.