W. Virginia Water Agency Preps Sale as State Issuance Slows
- Warsaw Community Public Library, Ind., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34102, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has announced that it has raised its underlying rating on Warsaw Community Public Library, Indiana's series 2001 general obligation refunding bonds one notch to A from A-minus.
- Warrensburg, Mo., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2014, Issue 34226, p9
The article highlights the decision of the Standard & Poor's Ratings Services to raise its issuer credit rating on Warrensburg, Missouri from A-plus to AA-minus and its long-term rating and underlying rating on the city's various lease-backed debt and limited general obligation bonds.
- Homewood-Flossmoor Park Dist, Ill., Downgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34415, p29
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services has lowered its long-term rating and underlying rating on the general obligation debt of Homewood-Flossmoor Park District, Illinois to BBB-plus from A-plus.
- Ratings Movers: Maguire Up On TL Paydown/Dura Auto Sputters. M. D. // Bank Loan Report;8/7/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the credit ratings received by Maguire Properties LP and Dura Operating Corp. Standard & Poor's (S&P) gave Maguire Properties LP a BB+ rating from BB for its $100 million revolver. S&P downgraded Dura Operating Corp.'s $225 million second lien loan to CCC+ from B, and its...
- S&P Places Highway & Transportation Authority on Negative Watch. Serrano, Mariella Perez // Caribbean Business;9/1/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the negative rating given by Standard and Poor's Corp. credit rating agency to the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority for various outstanding bonds of the agency with negative implications due to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico's erosion in credit quality. Potential for...
- Westlake Aims to Raise $230MM in IPO. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/31/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 22, p2
Discloses the plan of Westlake Chemical Corp. to go public to raise up to $230 million in an initial public offering. Total sales of the Houston, Texas-based chemical company in 2003; Pre-tax earnings generated in 2003; Credit rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Ratings relations: in their own words. Ridpath, Barbara // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);11/19/2005, p20
The article reports that it is important for companies to listen to and act on what the credit rating agencies have to say. The correlation between Standard & Poor's ratings and defaults remains consistent. Ratings agencies, contrary to some views, are accountable. Their research and opinions...
- Texas Towns Net S&P Credit Upgrades. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the upgrade of credit ratings for towns in Texas, from Standard and Poor's as of June 2008, as they prepare to bring general obligation debt to market. The agency has raised the ratings of numerous municipalities and its ratio of upgrades has exceeded the number of...
- Westlake Plans $400-Million Bond Offering. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/16/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the credit ratings assigned by Standard & Poor's to Westlake and its proposed revolving credit facility and term loan. Business outlook for Westlake; Significance of the credit ratings; Background on the company.