Bear Stearns Hires Franklin From Goldman
- Tradewatch. // Pensions & Investments;11/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p16
The article lists core brokers and specialty brokers on the basis of ranks in the U.S., which include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Stanford Group.
- Bank on I-Banks. J.Cramer, James // New York;5/7/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p22
The author reports on the investment bankers at Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, and Morgan Stanley, who could make readers rich if readers buy their stocks. The author explains why the stocks are inexpensive, and discusses asset management and the business of private...
- Insider traders caught. // BRW;4/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p97
The article reports that junior employees at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. are charged with making 6.7 million U.S. dollars on insider-trading schemes in the U.S.
- Analyst: Merrill 3Q Earnings to Plunge. // American Banker;9/27/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 187, p19
The author reports that analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. lowered the earning expectations of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. According to the article, earning expectations were lowered from $1.95 a share to 15 cents a share for the third quarter of 2007, due to a potential loss by Merrill Lynch of...
- MERRILL'S ON THE BALL. Lindorff, Dave // On Wall Street;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p19
The article states that Merrill Lynch is being held in a report by competitor Goldman Sachs as the one to beat. With the acquisition of First Republic earlier in 2007, Merrill is now considered one of the top private wealth management (PWM) firms in the U.S. About 20% of the company's revenues...
- GLOBAL AWARDS. // Global Finance;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p34
Highlights the best investment banks for 2005 in the global category as chosen by the periodical "Global Finance". Factors that made Goldman Sachs and Co. the best investment bank globally for the year; Worth of proceeds raised by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. which made the institution the...
- Goldman, Merrill Bulk Up Even as They Opt Out. Melville, Richard // American Banker;6/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 116, p9
Reports the non-participation of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and the Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in an initial public offering for Kraft Foods Inc. in the U.S. Refusal of Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs to participate in lending to the company; Characterization of the shift of market forces;...
- Top healthcare investment banks. Moon, Susanna // Modern Healthcare;11/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p31
Presents a tabular representation of the top healthcare investment banks according to tax-exempt debt issued in the U.S. as of October 26, 2004, including Goldman Sachs Group and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Horses for bourses. Frith, Damon // BRW;7/3/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p69
The author shares his views on how Goldman Sachs' announcement affected the financial markets in the U.S. frightened markets when it said that Citibank may have to announce another $8.9 billion in writedowns and Merrill Lynch $4.2 billion. $400 billion were already lost since July 2007 due to...