Long Island Voters to Weigh Debt for the Environment
- Wisconsin Offers New Triple-A Credit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34407, p1
Wisconsin heads into the market Monday with $42 million of environmental improvement fund revenue bonds that mark its inaugural outing under a new triple-A rated credit expected to benefit both the state and pool borrowers.
- Florida Selling $263M for Conservation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p4
The article reports on the 263.4 million dollar of Florida Forever revenue bonds sell by Florida to finance the long-running environmental and conservation land-protection program. It notes that financing the acquisition of land and water areas for recreation and water protection is where the...
- Region's Voters Head to Polk; N.J. Seeks $450M Stem Cell Deal. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;11/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32748, p8
The article reports on the statewide referendums to be held by New Jersey and Maine on November 6, 2007, with local voters in various cities, counties, and school districts also heading to the polls. Voters in New Jersey will vote on a $450 million general obligation borrowing for stem cell...
- With an Eye for Open Space, Florida Voters OK Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p3
Reports that Florida voters approved significant margin selling bonds, mostly for the purpose of protecting land and waterfront development. Sale of general obligation bonds over the next few years; Plans of Bervard voters to continue taxing themselves an extra one-quarter of a million for the...
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Fairfax County, Va., Putting $325M in GOs to Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p32
Reports on the decision to ask voters to approve the general obligation bond issuance in separate ballot questions in Fairfax County, Virginia. Approval of the Circuit Court to place the bond questions on the ballot; Utilization of the proceeds on human services facilities; Plan of the county to...
- Jupiter on the Horizon. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p27
Reports on the approval of the sale of general obligation bonds to protect remaining vacant land for conservation and right-of-way purposes by voters in Jupiter, Florida.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p25
Presents schedules of referendum related to municipal bonds in the U.S.
- FLORIDA: Infrastructure Debt Gets Nod. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32874, p9
The article reports on the approval of the plan to sell $300 million of revenue bonds by voters in Sarasota County, Florida. Results of the voting showed that the referendum passed with 68.6% of votes cast in favor of the proposal. County officials stated that the bonds will provide an economic...