Kansas City Selling $96M of GOs for Downtown Revitalization
- ZONE 7 Delivers Revenue Hit. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the estimated amount it will cost the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) of Grand Rapids, Michigan to develop the city's Renaissance Zone. Estimated cost in terms of tax revenues; Claim that annual cost falls within ceilings set by DDA's bond payments.
- Downtown of Tomorrow. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32158, p31
The article reports on the beginning of work on Rio Rancho, New Mexico's 8,200-seat arena that will be the new home for the New Mexico Scorpions of the Central Hockey League. By late 2006, the arena will be flanked by a new 60,000-square-foot city hall on a new Main Street, additional...
- Report Asks For Millions More In Parking. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the plans of the Grand Rapids city commissioners on developing additional parking lots in the Heartside Business District in Michigan. Role of parking development in commercial and residential growth in the area; Financial support needed for the development; Comments of Parking...
- City funds Castro effort to form benefit district. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;8/12/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the joint effort of Castro business and community leaders with the city to form a community benefit districts (CBD) in San Franscisco, California. Amount of competitive grant won by Castro; Meeting of Castro steering committee to begin mapping out the boundaries of the district;...
- Clearing site for good decisions. // Crain's New York Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p8
Comments on the redevelopment proposal of the Port Authority for the World Trade Center site in New York City. Viability of the redevelopment plan; Impetus to the interest of the agency on the site; Role of the city government in the planning for the lower Manhattan area.
- Another curtain rises in Bridgeport entertainment district. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/03/97, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p5
Reports that Downtown Bridgeport in Connecticut which a few years ago was struggling to clean up trash-strewn streets and find tenants for vacant storefronts is becoming a regional arts and entertainment center. Artistics ventures in the downtown's reconstructed streetscapes and sidewalks;...
- A Brand New Downtown For Wyoming. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the plans to built a downtown in the city of Wyoming. Connection of Town Center with Rogers Plaza and Studio 28 Theatre; Comment of Wyoming Downtown Development Authority executive director Gerald Mears regarding the plans.
- City Council shaking up downtown. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;03/19/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the Las Vegas City Council's implementation of the Downtown Centennial Plan which repositions the Las Vegas, Nevada business district and enlarges it more than three times its former size. Renaming of the district to Downtown Overlay District; Area coverage.
- South Florida Discovers The New Urbanism. Doscher-Smith, Wendy // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p47
Reports the urban planning in Florida. Activities within the central business districts; Series of residential development projects; Renovation of several shopping centers.