Pennsylvania School District Settles IRS Case
- after-school programs: an investment that pays off. Fletcher, Andria J.; Padover, Wayne // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
Points out that after-school programs can be an exceptionally cost-effective approach to supporting school district goals, such as improving student achievement and building vital community partnerships. Benefits to districts and communities; Balanced and diversified funding; Leveraging...
- opportunity: the other half of crisis. Ohm, Kathy // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p28
Points out that the economic crisis in school districts in California provides an opportunity for improving effectiveness. Meeting the needs of all students; Curriculum; Lifelong learners; Organization.
- Private management and school reform. Doyle, Denis P. // American Enterprise;May/Jun94, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the need for school management reform in the United States. Privatization of instructional services; Risks to school districts.
- Winners and losers. // American School & University;Jul99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p3
Presents an update on the record-setting school bond proposals of some school districts in the United States as of July 1, 1999. Information on the proposal approved by the Omaha School District in May; Cost of the proposals approved in the districts of Bloomington and Mounds View in Minnesota;...
- Lowering the threshold. // American School & University;Jul99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the `Let's Fix Our Schools Committee' campaign of school and business leaders in California. Purpose of the campaign; Number of signatures needed by the campaign; List of schools districts that will benefit from the campaign.
- Inspector's report blasts Chicago district's `lack of accountability'. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the report submitted by Kenneth K. Holt to the school boards of Chicago district. Range of complaints; Overtime payments to school engineers and maintenance assistants; Comments from General Superintendent Argie K. Johnson.
- GETTING EXPERT HELP. D'Orio, Wayne // District Administration;Apr2002, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p7
Comments on key issues relevant to school district administration in the U.S. Application of classroom practices in real-life problem solving; Creation of an editorial advisory board for the 'District Administration' periodical; Industry experts who are part of the editorial advisory board.
- 41/2 DAY SCHOOL WEEK. Fratt, Lisa // District Administration;Apr2002, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p24
Discusses key issues relevant to the approaches adopted by the Frontier School District in Red Rocks, Oklahoma, to improve its educational offerings. High-technology tools for students; Professional development for school staff; Policy implications on school district administration.
- Lake Washington's Master Plan--A System for Growth. Scarr, L.E. // Educational Leadership;Oct88, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the application of a districtwide plan that balances central office and building-based management in Lake Washington School District in Kirkland, Washington. Previous management problem of the school district; Process in he master planning; Main functions of the master plan.