N.Y. County and Health Agency Close to $256 Million Refinancing
- Nassau County, N.Y., hospital sale closer; placed on watch list. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30651, p4
Reports on Nassau County, New York's approval of an agreement for the sale of its public hospitals to Nassau County Health Care Corp. Importance of the move to reduce the county's budget gap; Nassau County Health's plans in using bonds to finance the deal; Ratings of the county's bonds.
- Nassau County budget gap remains despite sale of hospitals to authority. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30577, p44
Reports on the agreement of the government of Nassau County, New York to sell its hospitals to Nassau County Health Care Corp. to finance a budget deficit in the state. Value of the transactions; Amount of deficit registered by the county.
- Nassau County Health Care Corp. plans sale to fund purchase of medical center. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30718, p4
Reports that the Nassau County, New York Legislature has approved the county's sale of its health facilities to the Nassau County Health Care Corp. Bonds that will be issued by the company; Securitization of the proceeds from the bond offering.
- Auburn, Maine to Sell $12M Today, Another $8M Coming Next Month. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p3
Reports that the city of Auburn, Maine, is scheduled to issue 12 million dollars worth of general obligation bonds that are subject to the alternative minimum tax as part of a refinancing. Plan to use proceeds of the refinancing to pay off Mid-Maine Waste Action Corp. bonds; Credit rating...
- Puerto Rico Starting $2B in Deals. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p1
The article reports on the effort of Puerto Rico officials to sell $2 billion of debt to help the commonwealth exit the auction-rate market and generate savings by refunding fixed-rate bonds. The officials plan to sell $1.1 billion of general obligation, public improvement refunding debt and $1...
- Nevada to Refinance Over $1B. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p1
Reports on the plan of Nevada to refinance over one billion dollar of debt. Bond offering planned by the state.
- Senate Interested In Downtown Retail. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
The article discusses the planned revision of a law that created the downtown development authority (DDA) in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The revision will let the DDA operate retail incubators in its district and allow a board to establish a nearly tax free retail zone in underdeveloped sections of...
- Hospital to Refinance $720M. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p1
The article reports on the initiative of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania to issue a 720 million dollars of tax-exempt revenue bonds. It notes that the bond is part of the 1.1 billion dollars debt financing plan of health care providers. The bond reportedly increase...
- Clark County, Nev., Refinancing Airport Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p1
The article reports on the airport financial system carried out by Clark County, Nevada. According to the author, the financial system feature a refinancing design that addresses the books of variable-rate debt afflicted by the persistent subprime mortgage crisis which affected outstanding swap...