Louisiana Gov. Blanco Weighs Plan to Shift Funds to Stadium
- Louisiana passes post-Katrina building code. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Feb2006, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the bill signed by Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco to adopt the Intentional Building Code.
- Super Questions. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the proposal of Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco to combine new stadium for the New Orleans Saints with Phase IV of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Examination of the Phase IV expansion; Assessment of the future of the Louisiana Superdome; Management of Superdome...
- Blanco endures Cuban backlash to ensure major business deals. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/11/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p25
The article presents information on Governor of Louisiana Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's visit of Cuba where she made a $15 million contract for Louisiana agriculture products. The governor is winning applause from Louisiana's business and economic development community. Blanco plans more...
- Bad timing, choices doom Blanco's re-election bid. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p3
The author reflects on the decision of Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco of not running for re-election. He cites that Blanco determined not to run for re-election because of the negative results of the survey. The survey revealed that several people perceived Blanco as a weak leader...
- Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The article reports business developments in Louisiana. Allstate, Louisiana's second-largest insurer serving about 30,000 households in the state will not abandon the state. According to Governor Kathleen Babineau, National Guard troops and Louisiana State Police sent to New Orleans to help deal...
- Louisiana Amends Home Loan Statute. // National Mortgage News;8/2/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p7
Focuses on the enactment of the amendments to the residential mortgage lender act by Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco. Significant provisions of the amendments; Collection of the delinquency charge.
- Downer a wise choice to shepherd legislation. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/27/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p20
The article comments on the decision of Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco in appointing Brig. Gen. Hunt Downer, a former Speaker of the Louisiana House, as her acting legislative director. Blanco will benefit from Downer's attributes as a person of enormous integrity who is passionate...
- KATHLEEN BABINEAUX BLANCO. Ripley, Amanda // Time;11/21/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 21, p35
The article focuses on Louisiana Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco as part of "Time" magazine's list of the worst governors in America. The author examines Blanco's role in the response to Hurricane Katrina. Comments from bipartisan political consultant Bernie Pinsonat are included. Blanco was...
- Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco. O'Connor, Terry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/12/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 54, p1
Profiles Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, governor of Louisiana. Career background of Blanco. Plan of Blanco for the state; Educational background of Louisiana.