S&P Raises California 3 Notches
- In The Doldrums. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article forecasts the economy of Puerto Rico in 2005. The factors that contributed to the modest economic growth in 2005 are cited. The measures undertaken by the government to finance the budget deficit are mentioned. The credit rating received by the country from Standard & Poor's and...
- New Jersey Placed on CreditWatch Negative by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has placed its ratings on New Jersey's general obligation, appropriation-backed, and moral obligation debt on CreditWatch with negative implications. It mentions that S&P could lower the rating within two-three months depending on the...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p35
This article presents information about various developments in the finance industry of different states in the Middle West as of June 3, 2003. Chicago, Illinois cannot start buying land for a 6.6 billion dollar expansion of O' Hare International Airport because a state appellate court upheld an...
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/10/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p25
Reports global economic developments as of June 2002. Economic condition in China; Decline of the U.S. dollar; Credit rating of Japan.
- Alabama Offers $56.5 Million in GOs As Governor Juggles Funds Around. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p36
Reports the offer of Alabama of general obligation (GO) bonds to benefit economic development projects. Provision for term bonds; Prohibition from issuing GO debt; Strength of the state's credit rating.
- Mexico Losing Its Shine. // Latin America Financial Alert;7/7/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p1
Assesses the economic and political condition in Mexico in 2003. Industrial production of the country; Status of Mexico's trade with the U.S.; Approval rating of political parties and politicians in the country; Credit rating of Mexico.
- Spending cuts and tax rises put UK's AAA credit rating at risk. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;12/13/2012, p10
The article reports on credit rating agency Fitch's warning that Great Britain's AAA credit rating is likely to be downgraded in 2013 after the British for Budget Responsibility reduced its prediction for economic growth.
- Fitch Raises Boston's GO Rating to AA. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p32
Reports on the rating upgrade of general obligation debt by Fitch Ratings in Boston, Massachusetts. Influence of a strong fiscal management and diverse economic base to the improved rating; Target of the debt service in the fiscal spending.
- Losing the UK's triple-A rating would cost us all dear -- but so would stifling growth. Turner, Dennis // Estates Gazette;6/12/2010, Issue 1023, p60
The author comments on the potential impact of losing the triple-A credit rating of Great Britain on taxpayers and economic growth. He cites that this credit status offers benefit to the government, which implies that it can borrow at the finest rates. He says according to chancellor George...