The Chase for Dockers: Silas Chou Said Eyeing Levi's Casualwear Brand
- Chou Considering Dockers Purchase. Malone, Scott // DNR: Daily News Record;8/23/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p24
Reports on speculations involving the plan of Chinese investor Silas K. F. Chou to acquire the Dockers brand line of clothing company Levi Strauss & Co. Amount to be generated from the sale of the brand; Other potential bidders for the brand.
- Dockers Seen as Hefty Bite for Bidders. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the aim of Levi Strauss & Co. to sell its Dockers jeans brand by the end of 2004. Revenue shares and size of the Dockers business; Background on the financial problems experienced by Levi's; Firms most likely to place bids for the jeans brand.
- Levi's Docker Sale: A Wash for Bondholders. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the decision of apparel firm Levi Strauss & Co. to sell its Dockers brand in 2004. Total debt of the company; Annual revenues generated by the Dockers brand; Effect of the implementation of cost reduction efforts on the firm.
- An Undocking of Levi's: Struggling Jeans Giant Puts Dockers on Block. Malone, Scott; Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/12/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 100, p1
Reports on the proposals to sell the Dockers women's and men's casual brand of Levi Strauss and Co. Corporate restructuring; Management changes; Financial performance of the company; Dangers of bankruptcy that led to the selling proposal; Implications for clothing trade.
- Levi's Signature making its mark in mass. // DSN Retailing Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the reorganization of Levi Strauss & Co. in the U.S. Launch of the Levi Strauss Signature by the firm; Growth in the product offers of the firm; Plan of the company to sell its Dockers division.
- Levi's Shuts Two Plants. Socha, Miles // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;09/29/98, Vol. 176 Issue 62, p16
Reports that Levi Strauss and Co. said that it is closing two finishing plants and laying off employees in Amarillo and El Paso, Texas. Numbers of employees affected; Benefit package budget for affected employees; Details on the earnings of the company for the year 1997.
- Levi's sales off 4 percent for the year. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/10/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 25, p2
Reports a decline in the 1997 sales of Levi Strauss & Co. Implication of the decline in sales; Revenues of the company from various countries; Company products which gained sales.
- Levi Strauss Lowers Outlook. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/14/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 102, p2
Citing lower-than-expected orders from retailers, Levi Strauss and Co. lowered its sales expectations for the year 2003. Levi's said in a statement that it expected sales for 2003 to be down by 6% to 7%, factoring out the effect of fluctuations in exchange rates. Previously, Levi's had expected...
- Levi's blames basics for 13% sales drop. Socha, Miles // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/17/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 31, p2
Examines the decline in worldwide sales by jeanswear firm Levi Strauss & Co. in 1998. Sales performance by region and by brand; Decline in the sale of the Levi's-brand denim jeans; Failure of the firm to adapt to the jeanswear cycle; Market share; Factors for the decline in sales; Lowering of...