- The Competitive Edge. Silvey, Larry // Aftermarket Business;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the implementation of aisle management strategy in the U.S. Benefits offered by a well-thought out planogram; Division of the entire store into clusters or zones; Provision of a blueprint to draw more space for burgeoning categories.
- Retailer roundtable. // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Jan2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p9
The article provide insights from several retailers including Chico Natural Foods Cooperative general manager Liza Tedesco, Native Roots Market co-owner Sara Kaplan, and Vitamins Plus manager Brian Talley on their stores resolutions for 2010.
- Retailers tailor selection to scrapbooking clientele. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;8/8/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the increasing retail market for scrapbooking products in the United States. Growth in the number of scrapbooking households; Expansion of retail space devoted to scrapbooking; Innovations in scrapbooking elements; Increase in the number of stores operated by ReCollections;...
- Trendy retail has Vickery on rebound. Canard, Shannon // Fort Worth Business Press;6/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the decision of Lynn Schoondergang, proprietor of Ruby Embroidery & Gifts, to open its women's accessories shop on the West Vickery Boulevard in Texas. Target market of Ruby; Popularity of the boulevard as a shopping district; Shops that operate on the boulevard. INSET: A small...
- Sam's Club opens sixth retail club in Canada. // DSN Retailing Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 20, p6
The article focuses on WaI-Mart Canada's Sam's Club division which opened a unit in Ontario near its Missassagua headquarters in September 2004, bringing the total to six and completing the initial phase of its planned rollout. The idea is to tweak the stores to better fit the Canadian...
- 99Â¢ Only is Not Your Average Dollar Store. Facenda, Vanessa L. // Retail Merchandiser;Jul2003, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p32
Presents updates on Canadian retailer 99Â¢ Only Stores as of July 2003. Business strategy; Sales of its consumable/perishable, apparel and food section departments; Information on its stores.
- Entrepreneur Taking Line of Makeup Overseas. // San Diego Business Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p8
The article provides updates related to business in San Diego, California. A makeupline, La Jolla Spa MD by Dianne York-Goldman has gone global, as they launched their products in Germany, Canada, and Taiwan. Meanwhile, retailers are planning to consider the National Retail Federation report for...
- RETAIL: Retailers plan new locations. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p15
The article offers retail-related developments in Indianapolis, Indiana. Rels-Nichols plans to add 2,000 square feet to its Greenwood store by taking over the Steve's Flowers & Gifts space. Blimple is scheduled to open a store next door to King David Dogs in the first block of North Pennsylvanie...
- Competing to win. Parmentier, Steve // Yard & Garden;Fall2005 Supplement I, Vol. 28, p7
The article focuses on marketing strategies that should be used in retail trade. Retail stores should be easy to navigate with directional signage and clear, intuitive shopping patterns. A professional merchandising system must be used that helps in displaying more products and accessories in a...